KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Home on the Range??

Home on the Range??
Started by: crickey77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
crickey77

Home on the Range??

So maybe I'm a total cheese for thinking this movie looks "Utterly HILARIOUS" wink but love the trailer and the commerical-which makes fun on the farm look even more lively-especially with Roseanne, Cuba Gooding and Sarah Jessica Parker-what a cast. Anyone else excited about the animation in the movie?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 09:01 PM
crickey77 is currently offline Click here to Send crickey77 a Private Message Find more posts by crickey77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Maybe, but not Roseanne's voice

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 06:18 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dip_It_Low
scandalously_in_love

I want to see it. It looks so cute.

She always belonged to someone else

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 06:24 AM
Dip_It_Low is currently offline Click here to Send Dip_It_Low a Private Message Find more posts by Dip_It_Low Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crickey77

why don't you like Roseanne? I'm really looking forward to itsmile The animation looks cool, too!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 05:05 PM
crickey77 is currently offline Click here to Send crickey77 a Private Message Find more posts by crickey77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

I saw this trailer before Hidalgo...I love the last line...Bust a Moo on April 2nd. I definately think it will be a cute and fun animation movie!!

Who is Sarah Jessica Parker in there by the way....I know Rosanne is the big cow cause I recognized her voice....but other than that I couldn't tell.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 07:58 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Well, I like Roseanne better than Rosie O'Donnell, but that's not saying much.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 12:09 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crickey77

Sarah Jessica plays the owner of the farm-and she's a recent widow and she's in debt. This is the synposis from coming soon:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/h/homeonrange.php

Home on the Range

Release Date: April 2, 2004
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Will Finn, John Sanford
Screenwriter: Not available
Starring: Judi Dench, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Sarah Jessica Parker, Randy Quaid, David Burnham, Ja'Net DuBois, Gregory Jbara
Genre: Animation, Family, Musical, Western
MPAA Rating: PG (for brief mild rude humor)
Official Website: Disney.com/HomeontheRange
Review: Not available
DVD/VHS: Not available
Movie Poster: Buy at AllPosters.com
Plot Summary: A family farm inhabited by a widow (Parker), her young daughter, and various and sundry farm animals. The widow owes $1,000 mortgage on the farm and has no way to pay for it, and the cows get wind of the trouble. Fearing that they'll be sold to the local meat- packing plant, the cows seek to find a way to earn the money. Enter the family horse, played by Cuba Gooding, Jr. He used to belong to a bounty hunter, and knows a great way to save the farm. You see, he's heard that in the nearby town, there's a bandit afoot (Quaid), with a $1,000 bounty on his head.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 07:24 PM
Firesky

i cant wait to see it.... i think it looks really cute,

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 07:31 PM
Firesky is currently offline Click here to Send Firesky a Private Message Find more posts by Firesky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supertruper

well, I just watched the trailer (again) and busting a moo on April 2 is on my rader- I am going to take some of my nieces and nephews, who have been tuggin at my shirt tails about it all weekend! I have to admit I am looking forward to some Rosanne humor and Cuba Gooding Jr. entertainment...

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 06:49 PM
supertruper is currently offline Click here to Send supertruper a Private Message Find more posts by supertruper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supertruper

Glowing for Home -- article

I just found this great article about Home on the Range:

"The battles at Disney are far from over… even if the media frenzy is over for a while. Of course, the media will continue to act more like a bunch of frenzied rubes than professionals with editorial perspective, forgetting to look at the studio’s product in the perspective of the year, instead obsessing on each release.

How did they end up spending over $100 million on a horse movie with no star who has ever opened a movie? Why did they invest over $75 million in a historical drama, again, with no movie star to open the picture? These are valid questions. But they miss the point. No movie is an island and no one bad call defines a studio’s year. And you have to know that no one is going to write about the upswing at the studio this summer, as they release Garry Marshall’s Raising Helen, Jerry Bruckheimer’s King Arthur, Phil Anchutz’s Around The World in 80 Days, The Princess Diaries sequel and M. Night Shyamalan’s The Village.

But before we get to the real summer, Disney gets an early start with the aforementioned The Alamo and a “traditionally” animated film that has had been the subject of a lot of negative buzz as it slowly limped to the marketplace.

But here’s the punchline…

Home on the Range is an absolute joy of a movie. It is old fashioned, silly, anthropomorphic, non-digital and the only way it will not leave you grinning is if the stick sticking out of your ass is distracting you. "

eek! big grin

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 08:44 PM
supertruper is currently offline Click here to Send supertruper a Private Message Find more posts by supertruper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

Re: Glowing for Home -- article

Interesting article. I think both movies will be worth seeing. From what I hear, the traditional 2-D animation of Home on the Range, and the story itself, are going to be good. And, from some of the pictures I've seen of The Alamo, Billy Bob Thornton seems to fit right into the part of Davey Crockett. We'll see....

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 05:14 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scott hiwersh

Alamo looks wonderful, I am going to see that on opening night next weekend... I also think Home on the Range looks fun... I like the Rosanne character

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 11:31 PM
scott hiwersh is currently offline Find more posts by scott hiwersh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

sadly..i'm not looking forward to it...COWS!?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 11:39 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supertruper

I've got my tickets for Home on the Range already- Thank goodness for Fandango. I would have had trouble getting tix for my little niece and her friend...and who wants to wait in line with little kids?!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 07:59 PM