KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » True Lies 2-but Cameron just producing

True Lies 2-but Cameron just producing
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

True Lies 2-but Cameron just producing

James Cameron's on-again off-again sequel to "True Lies" [1994] is still very much alive, Moviehole has learnt today.

Cameron is currently planning to produce it under his Lightstorm Entertainment and reimagine it more as 'a James Bond type film and not a pre terrorist action film', which after the events of September 11, Cameron decided he definitely didn't want to make.

There's no start date for the film - which will probably feature either Russians or a German Neo Nazi group as villains - but we're told that it may be Arnold Schwarzenegger's first film out of office.

James Cameron won't be directing the film, he'll only produce. No word on whether Tom Arnold or Jamie Lee Curtis are involved, but Arnold Schwarzenegger has already expressed interest apparently.

Schwarzenegger originally said he wouldn't do a Cameron-less "True Lies 2". But he also said he wouldn't do "Terminator 3" without James Cameron either and at the end of the day -money talked and the cyborg rose again.

In "True Lies", Schwarzenegger played Harry Tasker, a super-spy who hides his real job from his wife (Jamie Lee Curtis). The film made quite a nice penny worldwide and was one of the biggest flicks for Schwarzenegger in quite some time. The sequel has been on-again off-again for the best part of five years.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 03:38 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

NO. NO GOD DAMMIT. The first true lies was good . But i suppose with the budget Cameron had for true lies. ANYONE could have made that movie into a decent film. Shit, i could have made a film about rotten apples into a masterpiece with that budget. True lies was fun and witty. It wasnt that great of a film. IT was just fun, nothing more and nothing less. No reason to elaborate ona story and point that was already expressed thoroughly

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 06:25 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

I seriously doubt this film will ever take flight. wink

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 03:47 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah, but stranger and worse movies have.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 04:08 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

The first true lies was awsome I hope they dont ruin it with bad directing.

And whats so bad about arab terrorist in movies now?

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 04:53 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

if it doesnt have jamie lee and arnold.. I dont think it'll really be true lies messed

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 09:37 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yeah, but stranger and worse movies have.

Yes, but James has expressed his disinterest in another True Lies film in the past and Arnold is obviously too busy and couldn't do it even if he wanted to.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 01:14 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

The first one was so funny so the new one will be well funny, well pretty much every film with Arnie in is hilarious! Except Jingle All The Way coz he could speak English quite well by this point.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 01:09 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

Arnold told the "The Best Damn Sports Show Period" that "the script is 100% finished and in James Cameron's possession and that all he needs is James to say ok, let's do this". (Thanks to Dark Horizons)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 05:06 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reckoning

How many sequels and prequels can they spew out? For ****'s sake get an original movie idea.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 08:41 AM
Reckoning is currently offline Click here to Send Reckoning a Private Message Find more posts by Reckoning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

quote:
Originally posted by Reckoning
How many sequels and prequels can they spew out? For ****'s sake get an original movie idea.

Amen. They keep bringing back classics and making sequels for them. What was the last GOOD original idea? (Apart from British gangster movies.)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 06:03 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by Aku
Amen. They keep bringing back classics and making sequels for them. What was the last GOOD original idea? (Apart from British gangster movies.)

Original idea's are few and far between. They always have been and always will be. this goes for literature music and all other forms of art. This doesnt mean we can not have inspiring or great movies in between original ones though, and just because somthing is original doesnt make it good.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 07:31 PM
Fire

TL2 would suck

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 08:39 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movieluver

i have a lot to say about this movie, because i loved the first one a lot. first off, i LOVE cameron, he is like seriously one of my heroes, i think he is a genius. i loved the first movie because of three main reasons..story line, cast, and directing. and as much as i want to see them all get back and do it again with cameron, it will not be the same. they are all older now, and beleive me it will make a difference on screen.....and its like it will make the first one less special if it does in fact get made, whether it sux or not! u know, and so i dont think it should be made!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 06:56 PM
movieluver is currently offline Click here to Send movieluver a Private Message Find more posts by movieluver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Bad sequels make people think less of the originals. The problem is, when Hollywood realizes they have a good movie, they must make a sequel. As if the more money they throw into it, the better it will be.

I'm a little skeptic about this. It is possible to make a decent sequel. If Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tom Arnold, and Jamie Lee Curtis aren't in this, they should just forget about it.

Sequels and remakes. That is what the movie industry has turned to.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 12:06 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

I loved true lies, even though most of the time i agree with the 'the sequels always suck' theory i have some hopes... will there b the same actors??

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 03:13 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie
Sequels and remakes. That is what the movie industry has turned to.

And it will forever be this way unless franchises like Harry Potter, Spider-Man, and Star Wars suddenly all flop and prove unsuccessful.

True Lies 2: Will never happen. wink

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 10:45 PM
lau_timmy

The best news is the original star Arnie wants to return to the role of the moonlighting super-agent Harry Tasker. It'd be Schwarzenegger's first film role since sitting in the Governor's chair.

Tom Arnold, Jamie Lee Curtis and Bill Paxton are rumoured to be returning too.
Director James Cameron said previously that he would only produce the film, but according to the trade, he's considering wearing the director's cap again. The project will be handled by Lightstorm Entertainment and is being described as "a James Bond type film and not a pre-terrorist action film."

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 07:26 AM
BlazingBarrells

I AM DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBLE

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 08:09 PM
BlazingBarrells is currently offline Click here to Send BlazingBarrells a Private Message Find more posts by BlazingBarrells Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Yeah The more I notice the more I find there are shit loads of sequels. Until today I didn't realise there was a Home alone 4.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 07:15 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote