KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Summer 2005, best summer for movies ever?

Summer 2005, best summer for movies ever?
Started by: cal31

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Summer 2005, best summer for movies ever?

After watching the trailer for the Island, I just can't believe how many potentially great movies are coming out this summer, making it possibly the best summer ever for movies. They may not all turn out to be the best movies, but in terms of box office gross, it looks like an ubelievably huge summer. Mainly: Sin City, ROTS, Batman Begins, War of the Worlds, and The Island, and maybe some surprises as well. Any other movies I'm forgetting?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:02 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JamalMagloire

I'm with ya - this summer is going to rock! Have you seen the new teaser for war of the worlds? I think you can see a tri-pod in the ferry scene.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 10:47 PM
JamalMagloire is currently offline Find more posts by JamalMagloire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

People say it's going to be the best ever for film every single summer...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 11:29 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
People say it's going to be the best ever for film every single summer...
Um, no not really. Don't remember hearing that last year, or the year before, or the year before that....

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 11:44 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Seyo Kane
European Ikemen

Hmm... I remember summer 2003, when we had a lot of sequels and movies long time waited: T3, The Matrix Reloaded, PotC, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Underworld, Hulk, X2, Daredevil...

Not all were good, but they were expected. But I agree with MildPosession, every single summer people say it.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 11:49 PM
Seyo Kane is currently offline Click here to Send Seyo Kane a Private Message Find more posts by Seyo Kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Seyo Kane
Hmm... I remember summer 2003, when we had a lot of sequels and movies long time waited: T3, The Matrix Reloaded, PotC, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Underworld, Hulk, X2, Daredevil...

Yes and of all those, really only two were expected to do that great in theaters, and only Matrix and PotC did really good in theaters. X2 grossed above average for a summer blockbuster film, same as T3, but the rest of them tanked.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 11:55 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hear it every year Cal from film fans, magazines and so on.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 11:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Ok, ok. There's a 2005 movies thread in progress, follow up there, please.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 02:54 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote