KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » QTs scene in Sin City

QTs scene in Sin City
Started by: tabby999

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

QTs scene in Sin City

which scene did Tarantino direct? my two guesses were the death of the cop and his buddys in the allyway in Old Town or Bruce Willis shooting Rorkes sons arm off and blowing his nuts off.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 12:56 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I believe it was the scene with the asian girl with the samurai sword.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 08:09 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

as a side note, those swords are from Kill Bill, tarantino didn't realise they'd been borrowed till he went to direct the scene

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 09:27 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Tarantino directed the car ride sequence when Dwight is hauling the bodies of Jackie Boy and his troops to the pits, during which Dwight has a "conversation" with Jackie Boy up until the officer oulls the car over. Thats all. Nothing really "signature" about QT's scene, he just wanted to try his skills at directing a short digital movie scene.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 11:55 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Tarantino directed the car ride sequence when Dwight is hauling the bodies of Jackie Boy and his troops to the pits, during which Dwight has a "conversation" with Jackie Boy up until the officer oulls the car over. Thats all. Nothing really "signature" about QT's scene, he just wanted to try his skills at directing a short digital movie scene.

yes That's the one. You're right, there wasn't anything signature about the scene, which is why I didn't guess it. Being a QT fan for a while I thought I could pick it out, but it looks like the rest of the film to me.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 04:33 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovebuzz

with the notable difference that its the only scene in the film in which the character externalises his thoughts, first through jackie boy and then through speaking out loud. all the other scenes the main character has an inner monologue but in this one, he speaks up! good stuff QT.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 11:56 AM
lovebuzz is currently offline Click here to Send lovebuzz a Private Message Find more posts by lovebuzz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote