KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Black Dahlia

The Black Dahlia
Started by: Morning_Glory

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

The Black Dahlia

Looks pretty good.

(please log in to view the image)
Weaves a fictionalized tale of obsession, love, corruption, greed and depravity around the brutal murder of a fledgling Hollywood starlet that shocked and fascinated the nation in 1947 and remains unsolved today. Two ex-pugilist cops, Lee Blanchard (Aaron Eckhart) and Bucky Bleichert (Josh Hartnett), are called to investigate the homicide.

trailer: The Black Dahlia

starring:
Scarlett Johannson
Hilary Swank
Josh Hartnett
Aaron Eckhardt
and a bunch of other people...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 08:16 PM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

I read two novels of James Ellroy (don't ask me why) : I really really did NOT like them. Imo, the guy can not write.

That doesn't mean it will be a bad movie however. It will probably be better than the books.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 08:20 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I've been waiting for this one awhile now. It's supposed to be great from what I hear, maybe Palma will throw another classic at us.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 09:36 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i read the book and liked it, dont know if i'll bother with the movie though, it dosn't hold any interest for me

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:44 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

Looks awesome.

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 05:24 AM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm there for any DePalma film. Looks decent.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 05:42 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Looks very promising.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 07:46 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

I think it looks really good. The trailer came on in the cinema earlier (I had seen it before though but it's always better in the cinema). Oh my God the realease date is the same for the USA and the UK yay! Not long either.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 08:55 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I love Josh Hartnett.
Although I read the case files for the actual investigation at crimelibrary and it's really quite odd

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 03:10 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

The Black Dahlia-Posted for Search Function Purposes

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 10:43 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by silver_tears
I love Josh Hartnett.
Although I read the case files for the actual investigation at crimelibrary and it's really quite odd

I've been through alot of the serial killers on that site. Gets really freaky after a while.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:06 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

This movie does look very promising. They're going with a younger cast but also a talented one. I thought Johanssen was great choice for the role of Kay Lake. She has that natural old time throwback look to her anyway. Hope it's good.

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 07:58 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by bakerboy
Looks very promising.

yeah it does,cant wait to see this movie.Looks very promising.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 06:59 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fantasygirl

I actually want to go see this one. yes

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 04:14 AM
fantasygirl is currently offline Click here to Send fantasygirl a Private Message Find more posts by fantasygirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bawgawk

Smile BLA COOL INTERVIEW! BLACK DAHLIA Scribe

COOL INTERVIEW! BLACK DAHLIA Scribe Spills Beans

just copy and paste:

moviesbawgawk.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 05:19 PM
bawgawk is currently offline Click here to Send bawgawk a Private Message Find more posts by bawgawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Re: BLA COOL INTERVIEW! BLACK DAHLIA Scribe

Originally posted by bawgawk
COOL INTERVIEW! BLACK DAHLIA Scribe Spills Beans

just copy and paste:

moviesbawgawk.blogspot.com
are you spamming... you already made a thread for this - newbie

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 05:41 PM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

is anyone going to see this movie tomorrow?

I'll go see it if it has good ratings otherwise will wait till it gets to the "cheap" theater (if there is such a thing anymore) happy

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 05:43 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I don't know if I will go see it.. I want to.. but all my mates don't like the look of it..

fools.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 05:45 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

sometimes I weary about Josh Hartnett as the lead .. in movies...but Hilary Swank is usually pretty amazing in her movies

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 05:52 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by Morning_Glory
sometimes I weary about Josh Hartnett as the lead .. in movies...but Hilary Swank is usually pretty amazing in her movies

I hear you.. Josh Hartnett is a bit hit and miss for me..

Hiary Swank has been amazing as you say though.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 05:59 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote