KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Do you like to write movie reviews?

How Much Do You Enjoy Writing Movie Reviews?
This poll is closed.
I can't wait to post my review after watching a movie 2 20.00%
I am somewhat enjoying writing movie reviews 6 60.00%
I never write movie reviews, but I like to read them 2 20.00%
I never write movie reviews, and I never read them 0 0%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Do you like to write movie reviews?
Started by: LindbergMTL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LindbergMTL

Do you like to write movie reviews?

Howdie,

How much to like writing movie reviews?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 08:23 PM
LindbergMTL is currently offline Click here to Send LindbergMTL a Private Message Find more posts by LindbergMTL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Not very much...what I call "review" is not an actual review per se. It's more like a personal response to the film and not an actual analysis. Am I critical of the movie critics? certainly. They're getting pay to review and provide an analysis of the film for the movie goers.

So when a Movie critics gives "Two thumbs up" to a movie base on their political stand rather than the actual film itself. I just dismiss it and don't even bother with the film. I wait for it on DVD. That way if I know I don't like it. I just press stop and try another.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 08:58 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I used to write reviews, but then I decided that I didn't care.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 02:50 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

i used to write quick summary reviews for my movies, but yeah like Strangelove i just stopped and didnt care.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 04:03 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I used to write reviews in a few threads here, then when a sentence or two became everyone's idea of a "review", I gave up.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 04:54 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I used the Movie Review Forum back when we had it, but when it went, the desire went

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 04:55 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I write movie reviews for my college paper.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 08:29 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Im am strange case, i love to writte several things, cinema reviews between them( in fact, im actually some kind of cinema critic in some web pages and blogs), but i hate to read it form another people, included myself.

I do the job, i writte the review, i check it for the last time, and then i publish my review. In this moment, i forget what i did writte very fast.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 07:49 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drewforever

I am a big fan of writing movie reviewslaughing out loud
I am a big writer though. I always rate movies on amazon, the last account i had a couple of years ago was ranked as one of the highest due to the amount of reviews i had written, also how many people thought that they were helpfullaughing out loud

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 09:25 PM
drewforever is currently offline Click here to Send drewforever a Private Message Find more posts by drewforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bain

Depending on how good it is.

If its amazing-I cant wait to tell the people why and what the better aspects are.

If horrible, same, but with the opposite tone.

If its mediocre I just tell people meh, dont expect anything special.

Both similar, but they have awesome scenes the other doesnt:

http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbm...trailer_500.asx

http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbm.../teaser_500.asx

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 11:15 AM
Bain is currently offline Click here to Send Bain a Private Message Find more posts by Bain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't write full blown reviews..., but just long personal responses like WrathfulDwarf mentioned. I am the main film reviewer on another message board where I am a moderator.

As for other peoples reviews, I read a lot of reviews but I never let the critics stop me from seeing a film or not just because they said it was awful. Or it got a bla bla rating on imdb.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 07:26 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote