KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dreamcatcher is way Underrated !!!

Dreamcatcher is way Underrated !!!
Started by: rockycairns

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rockycairns

Dreamcatcher is way Underrated !!!

anyone agree this was a pretty decent film it had a bit of everything

good action
good script
god actors and acting
good direction
good cinematography

it overall was a good movie i liked it and was never bored while watching it i dont understand why everyone dislikes it

Jason Lee died a little too early for my liking though mad

and i wanted Timothy Olyphant to survive the movie sad

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:30 PM
rockycairns is currently offline Click here to Send rockycairns a Private Message Find more posts by rockycairns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

Well, I don't know if you've read the book, but it was way better. Honestly, the book totally ruined the movie for me, because there was just too much left out. I guess if I'd seen the movie first, I might have liked it, but no such luck.

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 01:20 PM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

actually, they both suck. common misconception.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 02:37 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kinneary
Well, I don't know if you've read the book, but it was way better. Honestly, the book totally ruined the movie for me, because there was just too much left out. I guess if I'd seen the movie first, I might have liked it, but no such luck.
i have to agree with that, i saw the movie first and liked it alot.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 03:43 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I hate it with a passion, the book was pretty silly too.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 05:30 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Originally posted by dave_kodak
i have to agree with that, i saw the movie first and liked it alot.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 06:03 PM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rockycairns

it was very entertaining in my opinion

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 08:00 PM
rockycairns is currently offline Click here to Send rockycairns a Private Message Find more posts by rockycairns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doomsday49
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kinneary

agreed! I'm sure a lot of people who went to see the movie also read the book, and if they did, that might be the reason for the poor ratings.

my life rap isn't for the weak or feeble/ my youth was no sunshine the grind'll eat you/ they say learn from the past history can teach you/ but if i live backward all i see is evil.....Doomsday biatch!!!!!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 11:28 PM
doomsday49 is currently offline Click here to Send doomsday49 a Private Message Find more posts by doomsday49 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rockycairns

it may not be the best Stephen King adaption but its a pretty good one

Hearts in Atlantis is another very underrated Stephen King adaption

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 10:21 PM
manorastroman

it's just a half-assed retread of the conceptual territory covered in the far, far superior "IT". and duddits being an alien? that's stupid.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 10:25 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rockycairns

i havent read the book so please clear this up for me

is Duddits an alien in the book because the tone of the last posters message doesnt seem as if the film got it right

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 10:30 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Re: Dreamcatcher is way Underrated !!!

Originally posted by rockycairns
anyone agree this was a pretty decent film it had a bit of everything

good action
good script
god actors and acting
good direction
good cinematography

it overall was a good movie i liked it and was never bored while watching it i dont understand why everyone dislikes it

Jason Lee died a little too early for my liking though mad

and i wanted Timothy Olyphant to survive the movie sad

I haven't read the book or seen the films, but hey at least I know who dies in the movie now. Nice spoilers! mad

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 10:51 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by manorastroman
it's just a half-assed retread of the conceptual territory covered in the far, far superior "IT". and duddits being an alien? that's stupid.

I dont get how you came to this conclusion. Was it the friendship aspect? Telling the story through two different generations. Because, these two books were nothing alike. I thought the book was very well written. It had far better direction than IT. Dreamcatcher kind of came out of left field when reading the book as a king fan. Though some of the story was fantastical it tied together perfectly. As stunning and atmospheric as IT is, 45% of the story could easily have been edited out of the book.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 3rd, 2007 at 02:08 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 02:06 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote