KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Started by: lordofwar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lordofwar

Prince of Persia

Jerry Bruckheimer has been busy as of late with his Pirates franchise and his countless hit TV shows but still he has been working hard to get other film franchises off the ground. The IESB can exclusively report that his upcoming film, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, has found a director and a release date!

So I am sure you are wondering by now who Jerry has tapped to direct the adaptation of the best selling video game, right?

Bruckheimer has teamed up with him in the past to bring you Bad Boys I and II, The Rock, Pearl Harbor and Armageddon. Yes, that’s right, Michael Bay is directing Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time for a Summer ’09 release.

The IESB was able to confirm with Disney Studios that they are hopeful that Michael Bay will indeed direct the picture right after he is done with this Summer’s blockbuster, Transformers.

You might remember a couple of years ago when we confirmed that Bay was behind Transformers just as he was finishing The Island. So now, just as he is finishing up Transformers, we are announcing that he will in fact be behind Bruckheimer’s Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

This feature film adaptation is “based on the video game, which follows an adventurous prince who teams up with a rival princess to stop an angry ruler from unleashing a sandstorm that could destroy the world.”

The original creator of the game, Jordan Mechner, has said that "Rather than do a straight beat-for-beat adaptation of the new videogame, we're taking some cool elements from the game and using them to craft a new story - much as 'Pirates' [of the Caribbean] did with the theme park ride."

Mechner wrote the first draft of the screenplay for the feature film with subsequent drafts by Jeffrey Nachmanoff.

Originally developed and published Ubisoft, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a third person action adventure video game that received widespread critical acclaim.

The Sands of Time is the first of a trilogy. Released in 2003, it was followed by Warrior Within in 2004 and The Two Thrones in 2005.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 01:49 PM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Yay Micheal Bay confused

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 05:11 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Jake Gyllenhall has been cast as the Prince according to Empire by way of Variety. Despite various rumours about the casting, and a firm denial from Disney, he has now been cast - as a Persian.

For people who do not know, Prince of Persia is a successful (I'm judging by this being a Bruckheimer production akin to Pirates) videogame trilogy that - even for a sporadic gameplayer like me - a good bunch of fun. As said, Jerry Bruckheimer has the rights, Disney are behind it, and they have stated their intentions to build a franchise similar to Pirates of the Carribbean.

Gemma Arteton has been cast as a rival Princess who aids the Prince.

Gyllenhall is a fine actor, but I can't help but be disappointed, if not suprised, that Disney cast a caucasian Westerner and not a more arabic, and therefore risque choice, fellow. There's been some fine films come out of the former Persian states in the last ten years - and a wealth of work before that too - and it's a shame that a big coorporation can come in with an A-list actor without regard for the regions cinematic heritage.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 10:25 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
film franchises

that combination of words never fails to make me cringe....it basically means "we're not in it for the art....we're in it for the money"

quite sad really

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 21st, 2008 11:17 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Doesn't matter. You've got to take your connosieur beret off occasionally and just enjoy the ride.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 11:31 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

doubt i will...it'll be total shit...thems the rules

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 21st, 2008 01:01 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

It'll be pure, unadulterated, enjoyable shite.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 01:35 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote:
Gemma Arteton has been cast as a rival Princess who aids the Prince.

As long she is in skimpy clothing and a decent story, this may be a good film

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 21st, 2008 07:11 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 10:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

He looks like a caveman.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 01:27 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Micheal bay to direct it

what the **** are you sure thats right ?

according to imdb and many other sites its Mike Newell.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 09:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

It is Mike Newell. He probably got confused with Jerry Bruckheimer, since they have worked together and their movies share styles sometimes.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 05:27 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I like the look of the prince looks almost like him in the games.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 06:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought the Prince was a bit leaner. I haven't played PoP in awhile though.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 05:54 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Sigh...

TGFwashere

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 06:03 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The j0keR
He looks like a caveman.

Don't you realise that that's what all Arabic princes looked like back in the 6th century? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 09:55 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Prince of Persia Footage

they've obvisouly changed the plot......Why is it so hard for hollywood to just follow the story to the game.

Old Post May 11th, 2009 07:40 AM
siriuswriter

Uuummm.... he looks almost exactly like Orlando Bloom as Will Turner, except Jake has more chest hair and actually gets the growly thing.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post May 11th, 2009 03:34 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

As much as I like JG, he looks terribly miscast, like Orlando Bloom in Troy...

Old Post May 11th, 2009 05:43 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
As much as I like JG, he looks terribly miscast, like Orlando Bloom in Troy...

oh god, i know. i just want to shout through the tv :

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A HANDSOME TROJAN MAN!!! GROW SOME CHEST HAIR!!! START WORKING OUT!!! MEAT AND POTATOES!!!"

but the tv never listens to me.

"OH, AND TRY TO NOT LOOK LIKE A GIRL WITH YOUR HAIR TIED BACK!!"

*rrr*

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post May 11th, 2009 07:16 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote