KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Knocked Up, Judd Apatows new movie

Knocked Up, Judd Apatows new movie
Started by: doubal

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
doubal

Knocked Up, Judd Apatows new movie

Big fan of Judd Apatow here so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the previews for Knocked Up, I hadn't heard about it before but judging by the previews it looks really funny. Anyone going to be seeing it? I found a funny little flash for the movie called the knocked up baby pic generator (babypicgenerator.com), basically you match 2 of the actors/actresses facial features up to make a baby, sometimes the results are great, sometimes, they are hideous. here is mine

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 17th, 2007 07:50 PM
doubal is currently offline Click here to Send doubal a Private Message Find more posts by doubal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

The 40 Year-Old Virgin is extremely overrated. This one just looks stupid.

Old Post May 17th, 2007 08:19 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolfie
The 40 Year-Old Virgin is extremely overrated.

Bite your tongue!

That movie was incredibly funny.

Old Post May 17th, 2007 08:43 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

It is overrated!Thta movie sounds awful.Why they keep running out of ideas is beyond me!JM

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 02:44 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Saw a preview and ticked it off my list. I really didn't find the 40-year old virgin that amusing, and a lesser film like this has no chance.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 18th, 2007 03:59 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
It is overrated!Thta movie sounds awful.Why they keep running out of ideas is beyond me!JM

If "they" ran out of ideas there would be no new movies. Granted there are alot of BAD movies out there, but they make money, and until a concept stops making money you will see many reincarnations of the same movie until it stops making money

and 40 year old virgin wasnt overated, Atleast not to the reviews ive heard. I only heard that it was a good comedy. I diddnt hear anyone saying it was a film that redifened how comedy should be made. I only heard it was a good movie, and thats what it is...a good movie nothing more

Old Post May 19th, 2007 12:44 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

We will never have a good clasic movie until Pirates 3 comes out!I meant by running out of ideas is that they can't think of better plots for movies now adays or stop from making movies so dang long.
I don't know about you but sitting three hours at the movies is really boring and pointless.jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 02:32 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

yeah I HATED the 40 year old virgin..

but like I never know, It might be really good..
I probably just rent it

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 03:52 AM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

We will never have a good clasic movie until Pirates 3 comes out!I meant by running out of ideas is that they can't think of better plots for movies now adays or stop from making movies so dang long.
I don't know about you but sitting three hours at the movies is really boring and pointless.jm

I think if they failed to make a classic the first two times, pirates 3 will NOT be a classic. your talking about running out of ideas but your panning for pirates 3? your talking about sitting in a theater for three hours but you like the pirates movies? Man...you have contradiction all over you buddy. to you Pirates may be an original movie, but to me its nothing but eye candy, and several other movie formulas crammed into one.

My point is that, in each generation there is always a movie template that many other movies are created from, this is because several movies came along that struck a cord with movie audiences. Seeing how studios like to make money, they wil lfollow the formula until it stops making money. Just like the remake and comic book craze. In a few more years comic book flicks wil llose their draw just as remakes. Sooner or later orginality breaks through into the mainstream from the indy market.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 04:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I think if they failed to make a classic the first two times, pirates 3 will NOT be a classic. your talking about running out of ideas but your panning for pirates 3? your talking about sitting in a theater for three hours but you like the pirates movies? Man...you have contradiction all over you buddy. to you Pirates may be an original movie, but to me its nothing but eye candy, and several other movie formulas crammed into one.

My point is that, in each generation there is always a movie template that many other movies are created from, this is because several movies came along that struck a cord with movie audiences. Seeing how studios like to make money, they wil lfollow the formula until it stops making money. Just like the remake and comic book craze. In a few more years comic book flicks wil llose their draw just as remakes. Sooner or later orginality breaks through into the mainstream from the indy market.

I agree with you, on the Pirates movies.
They annoy the crap out of me...

Old Post May 19th, 2007 01:30 PM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I can see why you think it is eye candy.But it is made by a ride at the CA park.To make a story from a ride to me is pretty creative.So far nothing that had happen in that movie I had seen happen in other movies.
That is why I said that the plot is good.This movie abot s omeone getting knockout has happen in alot of movies "Nine Months" "Look who is talking" and alot more.
It is also happening every day in america and everywhere else that I tihnk it is more of a promblem then a joke.Anywho If you go see it enjoy!JM

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 01:54 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

That is why I said that the plot is good.This movie abot s omeone getting knockout has happen in alot of movies "Nine Months" "Look who is talking" and alot more.
It is also happening every day in america and everywhere else that I tihnk it is more of a promblem then a joke.Anywho If you go see it enjoy!JM

What the f**k?

Being unconscious is now equivalent to becoming pregnant?

Old Post May 19th, 2007 01:58 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

No but if you put your self in that sort of postion then it is not the guy's fault it is more your fault.Everyone knows the amount of beer or wine they can have before they get drunk and if you have too much you are aware of it.
Sadly it is the cause of most unwed mothers.Like I said it is not a joke it is a promblem everyone faces that is getting worst by the second.jm

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 02:19 PM
.Dance_Inside.

I can see why you think it is eye candy.But it is made by a ride at the CA park.To make a story from a ride to me is pretty creative.So far nothing that had happen in that movie I had seen happen in other movies.

Good points!

Old Post May 19th, 2007 03:38 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Dumbest member ever?

I think so.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post May 19th, 2007 05:47 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Dumbest member ever?

I think so.

English might not be his/her first language.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 06:29 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by exanda kane
English might not be his/her first language.

Sadly it is. smile

Old Post May 19th, 2007 06:40 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I knew that comment was going to come eek!

But never the less, don't mock those less fortunate than yourself roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 19th, 2007 06:56 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

There was a sneak preview of it at my college, so I went.

It wasn't terrible

Old Post May 19th, 2007 07:34 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've been hearing very good things about this movie and how good it's suppose to be.

I wouldn't have never guessed it based on the previews.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 19th, 2007 07:51 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote