KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most Profitable Hollywood Actor

Most Profitable Hollywood Actor
Started by: JoeyConnetou

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JoeyConnetou

Most Profitable Hollywood Actor

Who do you think is the most profitable movie star?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 11:02 AM
JoeyConnetou is currently offline Click here to Send JoeyConnetou a Private Message Find more posts by JoeyConnetou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JoeyConnetou

Re: Most Profitable Hollywood Actor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JoeyConnetou

I've added the specific video that I'm talking about on my blog(see my sig)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 11:52 AM
JoeyConnetou is currently offline Click here to Send JoeyConnetou a Private Message Find more posts by JoeyConnetou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Used to be Harrison Ford once upon a time; Star Wars, Indiana Jones et cetera, et cetera. Then he made a few too many "family man turns into hero" films.

Tom Cruise was a very bankable actor, til a few years back, where asperations were cast upon his sanity. Still bankable to a degree.

In 2007? While your post seems copied straight out of a Sight and Sound article, Matt Damon is surely a contender in a day with little bankable stars.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 02:22 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

nowadays? Good question, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's one the Frat Pack, you get 3-4 movies a year with some of these guys in it.

Will Farrell would be my answer with Cameron Diaz as the actress.

Tom Hanks would have been a top contender for the 1990's.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2007 08:09 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by JoeyConnetou
How do you mean? If you're talking about how much money they've made, it's definitely Tom Cruise. For bankability, I'd say Will Smith is getting up there.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 12:46 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

id say with what he did for Pirates Johnny Depp would have to get some attention.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 04:15 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I think Depp is still going to be doing a lot of smaller movies that wont get much attention from average movie goers.

Originally posted by Strangelove
How do you mean? If you're talking about how much money they've made, it's definitely Tom Cruise. For bankability, I'd say Will Smith is getting up there.

Will Smith was the name that first came to mind for me.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 02:07 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Johnny Depp, ha don't make me laugh....I hate the tagline which follows with pirates of the carribean "the greatest pirate that ever lived".

He was a terrible Pirate, rubbish.

Although Orlando Bloom seems to be doing not too bad along that ways, Kingdom of Heaven and Lord of the Rings.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 04:15 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

hugo weaving perhaps...played vital roles in 2 of the biggest money grossing trilogies ever and prob doesn't get paid a relatively high amount compared with some other actors

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 08:53 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

^^ good point,

He aint very mainstrain but I love him, he likes to crop up in alot of movies nowadays. Very much liked his dialogue in V for Vendetta, he was a perfect old grump in Happy Feet.

I'm off to wiki his upcoming films.

Discos - DeNiro?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 09:04 PM
Darth Vicious

Even if he is a bit loco I think Tom Cruise is at the top. Will Smith 2nd and Tom Hanks and George Clooney fighting it out for 3rd.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 03:17 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 03:58 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

That's only based on his last three films; two of which he wasn't even the lead actor (assuming it's talking about Ocean's 12 and 13)

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 06:03 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Im surprised Aniston is the top female. I thinks shes just an average actress.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 01:43 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Id say the top five most profitable, but not most talented actors are

Denzel
Will ferrel
will smith
matt damon
johnny depp

and who really cares about the female actresses? As long as they are nice on the eyes, nothing else matters

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Aug 31st, 2007 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 02:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote