KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Day the Earth Stood Still

The Day the Earth Stood Still
Started by: DARKLORDCAEDUS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The Day the Earth Stood Still

This is a classic film. Very good. Keanu Reeves is in talks. Thoughts? Opinions?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 03:37 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

No reason for remaking it. This was the greatest sci/fi flick for its time. Today it would pale in comparison of others to come after the original

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 12:09 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aizen
Arancar Lord

I must say......am so hyped up about this one, really cant wait!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 12:21 PM
Aizen is currently offline Click here to Send Aizen a Private Message Find more posts by Aizen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
No reason for remaking it. This was the greatest sci/fi flick for its time. Today it would pale in comparison of others to come after the original

exactly,they already ruined war of the worlds with their stupid remake,now they're gonna go and do the same thing with this movie.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 03:29 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: The Day the Earth Stood Still

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
This is a classic film. Very good. Keanu Reeves is in talks. Thoughts? Opinions?

Good movie to remake; as it's been 50+ years, it's time for a remake.

Bad news is, Keanu, dude can't act worth a shit, unless he's playing some sort of loser and/or stoner, i.e. Bill & Ted's..., I love you to death.

"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 09:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: Re: The Day the Earth Stood Still

Originally posted by Robtard

Bad news is, Keanu, dude can't act worth a shit, unless he's playing some sort of loser and/or stoner, i.e. Bill & Ted's..., I love you to death.

"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"

I love this movie. To re do would be a bad thing. Since they though, getting Reeves is a mistake, they should look for someone else.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:05 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: The Day the Earth Stood Still

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I love this movie. To re do would be a bad thing. Since they though, getting Reeves is a mistake, they should look for someone else.

I don't think "redos" are intrinsically a bad thing, as the original is, well, original and not affected. My problem with redos, is when they do them too early, let a movie age 30, 40, 50+ years before it's revamped.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

No leave sci fi classics alone dammit. mad

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 12:53 AM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Originally posted by Mr Parker
No leave sci fi classics alone dammit. mad
What is there to lose by remaking an old film? Like Robtard said, the original remains as good as it always was no matter how the newer version turns out.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 06:36 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
What is there to lose by remaking an old film? Like Robtard said, the original remains as good as it always was no matter how the newer version turns out.

...and as "Charlie & The Chocolate Factory" showed us, a less-than-exciting redo will make 'you' appreciate the original all that more.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 07:39 AM
Claude_Rains
Cackling Miscreant

I can't believe they are remaking a classic like this one. Has Hollywood run out of good ideas?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 10:00 AM
Claude_Rains is currently offline Click here to Send Claude_Rains a Private Message Find more posts by Claude_Rains Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Claude_Rains
I can't believe they are remaking a classic like this one. Has Hollywood run out of good ideas?

Yes they have.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 07:04 PM
Dave_97
Party Dave

hmm a Redo of a classic, Im kinda glad, This way i can sit around and watch another WANNABE great hollywood Remake.

Why, i can see the Tag lines now.

"The Day the Earth Stood Still, Now in 3D, with Giant Lazers, and Sharks, And Bad Acting at its Best!"

"The Day the Earth Stood Still... Again!, More Earth, More Still, More Budget, More Story, More Hype, More Shitty Remakes!"

laughing

ok, on a Serious note, The Day the Earth Stood Still is a Classic, Its being Remade, Try as hard as they might, its not going to be as good as the Classic, So why not let them remake it, they have to much money anyway, why not let them waste it.

Next Week on" Movie Remake Madness", 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 10:58 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

ok, on a Serious note, The Day the Earth Stood Still is a Classic, Its being Remade, Try as hard as they might, its not going to be as good as the Classic, So why not let them remake it, they have to much money anyway, why not let them waste it.

Next Week on" Movie Remake Madness", 2001: A Space Odyssey.

This is true.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 11:03 PM
Darth Vicious

I also agree that remakes aint a bad thing and even though I like Keanu, I dont see him pulling off the character.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 03:14 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Mr Parker
exactly,they already ruined war of the worlds with their stupid remake,

Not to mention both films still did'nt get the setting right, Its set in England not America.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 07:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Well in that case let's remake every single old film then...

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 04:54 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Originally posted by MildPossession
i call Plan 9 from Outer Space Remake!

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 05:36 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by MildPossession

I said "good movie to remake", the qualifier being "good" (as I see the film). Unless of course, you think "every single old film" is good?

Comprehension is fundamental.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 30th, 2007 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 06:14 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by kodak
i call Plan 9 from Outer Space Remake!

That was a cheesy film. So a remake may work.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 07:13 PM