KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rumor: Metal Gear Solid movie..starring...

Rumor: Metal Gear Solid movie..starring...
Started by: Avlon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Rumor: Metal Gear Solid movie..starring...

If this has any truth to it... I'm game...

http://news.filefront.com/rumor-chr...ar-solid-movie/

Christian Bale as Solid Snake? My ticket is pre-bought.

quote:
Apparently, the latest issue of Nuts — a UK publication — has an interview with Christian Bale, where he states that he is in the running to play Solid Snake in the upcoming Metal Gear Solid movie. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the actual interview, but the movie is supposedly slated for a 2009 release. Personally, I’m hoping this rumor turns out to be true and he does get the role. Equilibrium, American Psycho, The Machinist, Batman Begins, The Prestige: the man certainly has played in some truly memorable roles, so there’s no doubt in my mind that he can pull off the character. The question remains though, can he pull off the mullet? We shall have to see.

This would be a great start and pretty much cement MGS as a good to great movie at the very least. CB is an awesome actor.

Thoughts?

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 04:04 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Re: Rumor: Metal Gear Solid movie..starring...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Avlon
If this has any truth to it... I'm game...

http://news.filefront.com/rumor-chr...ar-solid-movie/

Christian Bale as Solid Snake? My ticket is pre-bought.

This would be a great start and pretty much cement MGS as a good to great movie at the very least. CB is an awesome actor.

Thoughts?

bales pretty good,should be kurt russel if he was 10 years younger?

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 09:18 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i like bale, i think he could play just about any role, but not solid snake. I also doubt that he would

Old Post Sep 19th, 2007 01:50 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

A MGS movie would be awesome.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:34 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

A MGS movie would be awesome but I don't think I want Bale playing as Snake. If Kurt Russel was younger I could see him doing it...Course that's because of Snake Plisskin. Though maybe he could do Big Boss or Solidus. I can't really think of anybody to play Snake. It just won't seem the same without Hayter's voice. Same with Liquid if he's in it not having Cam Clarke's voice.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 05:33 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Kento
A MGS movie would be awesome but I don't think I want Bale playing as Snake. If Kurt Russel was younger I could see him doing it...Course that's because of Snake Plisskin. Though maybe he could do Big Boss or Solidus. I can't really think of anybody to play Snake. It just won't seem the same without Hayter's voice. Same with Liquid if he's in it not having Cam Clarke's voice.

MGS4 isn't using Cam's voice at all. I was pretty sad when I heard that since I think Cam is a great VA.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 05:42 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Hayter's voice is teh shit.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 12:42 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I think James Purefoy would make a good Solid Snake.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 03:22 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think James Purefoy would make a good Solid Snake.

He would but he's doing something else.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 03:51 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

I think Bale would do a good job as Solid Snake, the problem is he sorta already played a watered down version of Snake in Rescue Dawn, He was even eating snakes in that movie.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 05:08 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by wuTa
I think Bale would do a good job as Solid Snake, the problem is he sorta already played a watered down version of Snake in Rescue Dawn, He was even eating snakes in that movie.

Bale would most likely not do this. Seeing how he'll be busy with other scripts.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 07:18 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Wow... One of my favorite video games coupled with one of my favorite actors... Awesome! I can totally see that... Bale is the right actor to play Snake...

One question, though... Would this movie be based on the Metal Gear series, or the Metal Gear Solid series?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 07:23 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Don't get me wrong Bale's a great actor, but his characters are always, to some extent proper. He pulled off Batman yes, but Batman is a playboy. Solid Snake, is a rugged badass. Not exactly Bale's cup of tea. I'm not sure who they should get for snake, I could almost picture David Wenham doing the part (Faramir) but I'm not sure. For Solidus I could picture Kurt Russel as mentioned above for either Solidus or Big Boss, maybe even Bruce Willis I dunno. Not sure who they'd get to play liquid, can't be to hard to find though. And Ocelot could be a range of people maybe Ian McKellen?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 03:17 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

I'm not too concerned about the movie just yet, but I am extremely grateful that the game's creators outright refused to give the movie to Uwe Boll when he asked for it.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 10:54 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Tron
I'm not too concerned about the movie just yet, but I am extremely grateful that the game's creators outright refused to give the movie to Uwe Boll when he asked for it.

You and me both. I truly am glad that Boll will not do this.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 07:07 PM
mr.smiley

The first time I watched batman begins I thought in the theatre that he would make a good Snake.The scene were they show him in the suit before he paints it black under that little waterfall in the Batcave just looked like Snake.

BTW,though their not twins,i'm voting for Hugh Jackman to play Liquid Snake.

"Don't get me wrong Bale's a great actor, but his characters are always, to some extent proper. He pulled off Batman yes, but Batman is a playboy. Solid Snake, is a rugged badass. Not exactly Bale's cup of tea. I'm not sure who they should get for snake, I could almost picture David Wenham doing the part (Faramir) but I'm not sure. For Solidus I could picture Kurt Russel as mentioned above for either Solidus or Big Boss, maybe even Bruce Willis I dunno. Not sure who they'd get to play liquid, can't be to hard to find though. And Ocelot could be a range of people maybe Ian McKellen?"

I see were you're coming from,but any good actor should be able to pull off a playboy or a badass.You can find many examples of actors who have succsesfully done this.Case in point.The above mentioned Hugh Jackman.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 04:58 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by mr.smiley

BTW,though their not twins,i'm voting for Hugh Jackman to play Liquid Snake.

would it be about magic too wink

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 03:41 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Menetnashté
Don't get me wrong Bale's a great actor, but his characters are always, to some extent proper. He pulled off Batman yes, but Batman is a playboy. Solid Snake, is a rugged badass. Not exactly Bale's cup of tea.

That's not even true.

Bale was not at all "proper" in the Machinist. He was rugged in 3:10 to Yuma and he was a badass in Equilibrium.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 05:12 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
would it be about magic too wink

LOL.

Well not my version,but i'm sure when it's realy made they'll add in something to screw it up.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 02:29 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

This needs to be moved

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 11:37 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote