KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Outsourced (the movie)

Outsourced (the movie)
Started by: RuthlessRufus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RuthlessRufus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Outsourced (the movie)

Two years ago I spent 6 months in India teaching English to adults. It’s interesting how my friends judge me both ways on that. I learned a lot about Indian culture and I’m not sure what I think about it anymore, I’m happy I had the experience, but I did choose to come back to the US instead of staying there. I am looking forward to the movie “Outsourced”, it played here in SF last week but I missed it – gotta wait for Netflix. It’s a story of a guy who has to train his replacement in India. Anyone seen it?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 05:22 PM
RuthlessRufus is currently offline Click here to Send RuthlessRufus a Private Message Find more posts by RuthlessRufus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

No. Sounds interesting. What type of work is he training his replacement?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 05:25 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RuthlessRufus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dunno, I still haven't seen it (though it opened in Berkeley, definitely gonna catch it, just mad I have to drive an hour). I suppose I could look for a review. Oh, here's a couple: Roger Ebert's review of "Outsourced" and New York Times review of "Outsourced". I guess he's working in order fulfillment for a company that makes patriotic novelty products. That's funny. Got good reviews, it seems.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 05:08 PM
RuthlessRufus is currently offline Click here to Send RuthlessRufus a Private Message Find more posts by RuthlessRufus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RuthlessRufus
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was pretty good! Funny. It could have been a really bad movie, the story itself was kind of generic, but the storytelling was superb. I also thought the casting was great, all the actors did a good job. I recognized the lead female from Attack of the Clones, funny. My favorite scene was during the festival of Holi - celebration of color!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 08:38 PM