KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » We Own The Night

We Own The Night
Started by: Dusty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dusty

We Own The Night

Anyone else see this film?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 02:04 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

No, but what did you think of it?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 02:26 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

It was actually pretty good. All in all it was a pretty rounded film. There is REAL suspense in this film. My only problem was the events following the climax. They really weren't that special.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 11:10 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Good movie. Very good actors.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 06:15 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Great movie. I hope its remembered for when they announce the academy award nominations.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 07:07 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

Just saw this movie. I really liked it!!! The ending wasn't as strong as the rest of the movie built it up to be, but Phoenix delivered an AMAZING performance.....like I really hope and think he will walk away with an Oscar for his performance in this film.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 06:56 AM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

We Own the Night is god awful. The worst film I've seen all year, by far.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 01:55 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

but the acting was amazing......slow story, kind of wanted to sleep, but was kept awake by the amazing performances........imo

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 07:29 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Went to see it last night, it was just out last night in the UK. Unfortunatly my reglar (and awesome) cinema didn't have it showing so I had to go to another one, no bigge except the screen was a little smalled.

ANYWAYS....

The acting really was amazing, I dont think I could have picked 3 other actors to do this movie the way they did. Eva Mendez was alright I suppose, they could have did the movie without her, meh.

The storyline - well I liked it but it wasn't amazing. I suppose it will do for a cop drama type film, it was nice it was set in the 80's as well.

Joaquin Phoenix stole the show, I was expecting to be wowed over by my favourite actor (Marky Wahlberg) but Pheonix was ace.

It was a shame that Mark's character was put in hospital for a little portion of the film, wanted to see more of him.

The ending was pretty cool, the whole "turned cop" and the raid scene was a boost.

Discos - overall 8/10

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 11:11 AM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Aw, respect to everyone here, but I didn't like this one. The story didn't seem all that original and bordered on cliched to me. It just seemed to lack...heart, for lack of a better word. I felt that I wasn't moved at all and my friend actually cried during a part.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 01:51 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Discos
The storyline - well I liked it but it wasn't amazing. I suppose it will do for a cop drama type film, it was nice it was set in the 80's as well.

Joaquin Phoenix stole the show, I was expecting to be wowed over by my favourite actor (Marky Wahlberg) but Pheonix was ace.

I finally got around to watch this movie and I gotta agree with most people here. The story itself was not that original but Joaquin Phoenix did a superb performance. He did steal the damn movie!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 04:59 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I thought it was a good movie; nothing more, nothing less.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 06:23 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

TH you fool!

You've doomed us all!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 06:26 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 06:43 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rajendra
just hanging around

I haven' seen this one yet but I believed it has a great story.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 06:14 PM
Rajendra is currently offline Click here to Send Rajendra a Private Message Find more posts by Rajendra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote