KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Heartbreak Kid

The Heartbreak Kid
Started by: Discos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Discos
The Discmeister

The Heartbreak Kid

nope, not a Shawn Michaels documentary but Ben Stillers new movie which was out a couple of weeks ago in the UK.

Now, I have on 2 occasions failed to watch this movie - went to see it on Friday but the internet gave me the wrong viewing times and I was 45minutes late which was a waste of a journey
- second time was on Tuesday when I went to the city but came home after an hour as I was dying with the flu (sort of getting all better now).

the same dudes that directed the SOMETHING ABOUT MARY movie and I hear that they are using the same material they did 10 years ago and its supposed to be stupid.

Typical love comedy type situations - guy wants love, guy marries first person they see, THEN finds his actual love later on.

Wondered if any of you guys seen it and what you thought, I am going to see it on....Saturday smile

Discos - is this movie rated 18?

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 12:29 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

I don't remember off hand if it was rated 17/18, but it's either that, or "Pg-13".

I'm so sick of Ben Stiller movies. I will not see this.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 02:48 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

as chance would have it, I decided to get off my lazy bones and head to see this movie tonight.

I actually liked it more than I expected, cool cool.

now I know why its a little higher rated, a bit of boobies and sex scenes but there is a scene where it is just sick....and not the jackass kind of sick, this wasn't funny and ruined a portion of the film.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: stiller gets stung by a jellyfish and his wife pees over his back infront of people at a beach, yet not before pulling down her trousers and revealing the most hairiest bush ever with a hoop ring, WTF?

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 08:42 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Discos
as chance would have it, I decided to get off my lazy bones and head to see this movie tonight.

I actually liked it more than I expected, cool cool.

now I know why its a little higher rated, a bit of boobies and sex scenes but there is a scene where it is just sick....and not the jackass kind of sick, this wasn't funny and ruined a portion of the film.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: stiller gets stung by a jellyfish and his wife pees over his back infront of people at a beach, yet not before pulling down her trousers and revealing the most hairiest bush ever with a hoop ring, WTF?

......that's weird. Now I want to see it just to see that scene.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 09:11 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomCarnage21
Ho Yeah!

I really hate love movies where the guy realizes the woman of his dreams is a nightmare. I like Ben Stiller, but I'll pass.

And why does he look like he's in his fifties?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 09:42 PM
VenomCarnage21 is currently offline Click here to Send VenomCarnage21 a Private Message Find more posts by VenomCarnage21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Not one of Stiller's best, but nonetheless, very funny and good.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 11:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

yeah I dont know if thats stillers actual hair or the new hollywood "in thing" by having grey highlights, weird.

Doubt I will ever watch the movie again unless its on TV and I happen to flick by it midway through.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 11:11 PM