KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ridley Scott's "American Gangster"

Ridley Scott's "American Gangster"
Started by: sithsaber408

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Ridley Scott's "American Gangster"

Starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe.

Well, who's seen it?

Good/Bad/Other?

(I'm going tonight to the late show.) smile

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 07:16 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I saw the trailer when I watched Eastern Promises the other day.

It looks pretty good, I think I will go watch it. It isn't out here until the 16th.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 07:19 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aizen
Arancar Lord

Nice movie though I think it would be nice to see more action especially because the movie is 2hrs and 36minutes long, anyway a must see, fine movie with quality actors and a strong storyline.

Also there are strange feelings about the protagonists in this movie you really don't know which one do you like or not or for which one do you cheer for, there are other subjects but lets wait for more ppl who saw it then we could argue a little.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 09:21 PM
Aizen is currently offline Click here to Send Aizen a Private Message Find more posts by Aizen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I screened it Thursday night, incredible film. It was one of the few films that has a long run time that is NECESSARY to do the story justice. It kept me intrigued the entire time. Just great, well rounded storytelling.

It's Ridley Scott..you shouldn't expect any less.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 12:48 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I've seen this. Denzel fives an oscar worthy performance. Good film. Crowe is very very goos also.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 05:25 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Excellent movie. Another Ridley Scott masterpiece

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 11:07 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

God, this movie was excellent.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 06:10 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Darn it, I didn't get to go today or last night.

I'll have to check it out on Sunday afternoon.

Glad to hear all of the positive responses!

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 06:12 AM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

although it was a bit tame, but it was a kick ass movie. i was actually cheering for denzel even though i knew what the ending would be. wierd thing was i was watching the history channel about frank lucas (denzel's character) night before i saw the movie.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 06:31 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

not released at my cinema til next week I think. Its on my to see list anyways so I'll write what I think of it next week.

LOOK alright,

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 04:29 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Excellent movie. A must see. I was rooting for Denzel's character the whole time even though I knew how'll end.

I saw the special on BET(American Gangster). Frank Lucas looks like a shadow of his former self. Richie Roberts didnt look that old, he seem like a cool guy.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 06:38 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i wish the movie showed more of lucas being a gangster. most of the time, the movie showed him as a businessman. the beginning of the film kinda promised a lot of violent deaths that never come. on the other hand, that is what makes the movie more impressive because even if there aren't a lot of gratuitous violence, the movie sucks you right in.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 07:32 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I've heard a lot of good things about this film from my friends.

I might have to go see it.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 02:20 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Saw it tonight with the wife.

An excellent movie, 5/5. thumb up

I really enjoyed it.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 06:16 AM
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Great movie. Well acted, written and directed. Josh Brolin steals every scene he's in.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 07:48 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I think I will go see this movie right now.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 09:00 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Pretty grand, but no masterpiece.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 09:46 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

I liked it a lot. I also enjoyed seeing RZA and Common. Ridley Scott is a pretty hit/miss guy for me. He hit this one. Great film.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 10:01 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Thought it was a great movie. As someone mentioned, there wasnt all that much action, but the plot was so intricate and compelling that Im not complaining.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 04:32 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dusty
I liked it a lot. I also enjoyed seeing RZA and Common. Ridley Scott is a pretty hit/miss guy for me. He hit this one. Great film.

Dude, your sig just freaked me out.

I think I will go see this when it comes out next week.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 05:59 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote