KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Badlands (1973)

Badlands (1973)
Started by: The_Dormouse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Dormouse
Giant Squid

Badlands (1973)

I began watching this movie expecting it to be another Bonnie & Clyde movie with most of it being killing, robbing, and running from the cops and the other parts consisting of a little love story. But I was definitely surprised. The dialogue was seriously what made the movie for me. I loved every little thing that was said in almost every part, and the characters of Kit and Holly went so well together. It stayed realistic too, in a sense that their love story never became a fairytale unlike Bonnie & Clyde (except for the ending.. stick out tongue ). From the beginning, Holly and Kit had a problem or two with one another, and it was refreshing to see a relationship portrayed in a film as imperfect yet functional.

Of course, no movie goes without showing a couple getting into one argument or two and then going back to being kissy-face-lovey-dovey-completely-happy or whatever the f*ck. But Badlands accurately displayed the way two people can have that "spark" between them and then feel it slowly diminish.

Uhh.... so in a f*cking nutshell, that's my two cents about the movie. I liked it a lot. The End.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 02:52 AM
The_Dormouse is currently offline Click here to Send The_Dormouse a Private Message Find more posts by The_Dormouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a classic, one of my all time favourites.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 05:07 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

This movie reminds me of a certain girl, who I stole away from her parents.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 02:29 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

It is a good movie, I watched it as a precursor to "True Romance".

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 05:39 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

That's an excellent film!

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 11:42 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
It's a classic, one of my all time favourites.

Yes.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2007 07:19 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

it's way better than days of heaven.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 04:15 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote