KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bug

Bug
Started by: =Tired Hiker=

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Bug

A movie about a lonely woman battling with her son's disappearance and her abusive ex-husband. She meets a drifter and they develop a friendship.

I watched this movie over the weekend, and it wasn't a horror movie at all, which the DVD box makes it out to be. It was more of a psychological suspense piece, I'd say 'thriller', but I'll just settle with 'piece' since it wasn't all that thrilling, well except for maybe a few parts. Though the film is depressing and at times nauseating, the more I watched it the more hooked I became. As the madness unfolds, the main actors, Ashley Judd and Michael Shannon, engage in highly intense delusional discussions regarding their warped reality. The acting is superb. The dialogue towards the end seems anything but scripted and is done in long takes, (long not meaning 'boring') they must have rehearsed many many times to get those scenes right.

I wasn't sure I would, but I enjoyed this movie enough so that I'd recommend it.

Last edited by Tired-Hiker on Nov 19th, 2007 at 07:20 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 07:18 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

I'll have to check this out.

Someone asked me if I wanted to see this with them, and I automatically said, "No way!", because I thought it'd be crap.

But, if sweet ol' Tired Hiker enjoyed it, I'm sure I will!

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 07:21 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

This one could make or break me. It's wierd, your sig actually looks like it could be a frame from the movie! Creeeeeepy!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 07:28 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aizen
Arancar Lord

One thing to say: Good movie!

Looks like two things to say, heh, anyway my recommendation also!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 02:10 AM
Aizen is currently offline Click here to Send Aizen a Private Message Find more posts by Aizen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Aside from the acting. I thought it was shit. Had the director given the audience reason to believe the crazy mans claims, atleast in the slightest. The movie may have had a point to me.Atleast then, the people whom believed the mans claims, would have become the woman at the end of the movie. This would have offered a great message in trusting people, and believing in conspiracy theories.
It was nothing more than just a study of mass hysteria and observation on schizophrenia. I can see why people would enjoy it though. The characters were very well acted, and the cinematography possessed a claustrophobic tone.

For me, it offered nothing. There was no climax. I was waiting for something, anything to happen. The story didnt go anywhere nor did it actually start. Im done shitting on a movie with my half assed review though

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Nov 20th, 2007 at 06:42 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 06:39 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It was an interesting film, I thought. Enjoyable, though not without its flaws.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 06:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

It was excrutiatingly slow at times, but it was an original script with some good acting. Nothing that I'd buy, personally, but it didn't suck, in my opinion.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 12:52 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

quote: (post)
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
This one could make or break me. It's wierd, your sig actually looks like it could be a frame from the movie! Creeeeeepy!

That's insane.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 06:15 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote