KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bruno: Borat sequel

Bruno: Borat sequel
Started by: Discos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Discos
The Discmeister

Bruno: Borat sequel

If you thought it couldn't get any worse, or a longer title,

The third instalment of Sacha Baron Cohen's characters will be

Brüno: Delicious Journeys Through America for the Purpose of Making Heterosexual Males Visibly Uncomfortable in the Presence of a Gay Foreigner in a Mesh T-Shirt

Aint much been said about it except it's release date is 2008 and that Universal will be releasing it.

mmm...the plot is pretty much the title,

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 05:10 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

not exactly a borat sequel though is it...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 05:11 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I wont be seeing it.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 05:17 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Is it by the same guys that wrote and directed the first one? If so, then yes.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 05:56 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

well that would assume that bruno is a funny character...he's not.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 06:07 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
not exactly a borat sequel though is it...

No it aint, I couldnt fit the whole title in the topic and this would get more reads than simply putting "Bruno"

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 07:15 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ali G>Borat>Bruno IMHO

Last night, me & my son Shane proved that who ever it was that said you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time - WAS A DAMN FOOL! - Vinnie Mac

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 07:20 PM
NASA is currently offline Click here to Send NASA a Private Message Find more posts by NASA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'll see it. I hope its funny.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 08:17 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Ali G, back in the day on Channel 4 was legendary.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 09:02 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

yeah the show was pretty insane.

I'll see it, of course its going to be a pile of sheet but thats what I love, lame comedy.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 09:49 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

As has been said, Bruno is probably the least amusing of his three characters.

That said, I'll probably see it.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 10:49 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

yeah his sketches felt too similar to Borat. I think they have the same job?

I'll definatly be seeing it, not going to go overboard and cancel plans for it but if its out and I'm bored I'll see it. I'll most likely be as satisfied as I was with Borat.

Saw it once in the cinema, then watched it again on TV about 3 weeks ago....that will do for the next 7months

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 05:16 PM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

I've watched most of Bruno's material and I have to say his actual questions posed to interviewees aren't particularly amusing but I tend to enjoy the reactions they give him. (Moreso than any other of his Sacha's characters)

Guess we'll have to see what he has in store next year.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 05:18 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

No idea when it'll come out next year...probably summer.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 05:37 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Sacha Baron Cohen is just friggin hack! Nearly all his ideas are similar to Andy Kaufman's characters. Except Cohen makes them more like bigots to shock so that the audience reponse is "Oooh....he went there" Yeah, right! Andy went there and back moreso and it's a shame new generations don't see much of Andy.

Kaufman>>>>Cohen.

Cohen original? My ass is more original. And that's the double truth!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 05:46 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Calm down dude, Kauffman was a geniuse but it got repetitive, Cohen is not original and his stuff is far too reptitive, but it works.

When did Cohen claim to be original?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 05:50 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Discos
Calm down dude, Kauffman was a geniuse but it got repetitive, Cohen is not original and his stuff is far too reptitive, but it works.

When did Cohen claim to be original?

Oh Discos! My tone maybe high but I'm as calm and relax like a sloth hanging from a tree.

It's not Cohen who makes the claim. It's some of his fans that make the claim. I've should have pointed that out earlier.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 05:55 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

haha sorry dude, thought you were ranting.

Cohen is good for entertainment, me and my buddies never grow tried of quoting his movies.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 06:00 PM
Impediment
Endless

I've never seen Borat, and I never will. Ali G is utterly moronic, and I really never cared for any of Cohen's movies/roles.

I wont be seeing this, either.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 07:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

borat the movie was reasonably funny but most of it had been done not just by others before...but by cohen himself for the past 12 years

and while the mechanism is the same as other comedian's...we live in a different social climate with different prejudices to exploit for comedy

personally i think louis theroux does it better...and dennis pennis also

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 09:02 PM