KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Tekken: The live action movie

Tekken: The live action movie
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

TEKKEN: The (live action) Movie

Dwight Little has been set to direct "Tekken," a futuristic martial arts actioner based on the bestselling Japanese vidgame from Namco. "The film plays out as a science fiction story set in the near future, about a rebel who rises up against the Tekken Corp.

kmc.com

Sounds interesting. Absolutely loved the games. Won a local Tekken 2, month long, cash tournament that crowned me the king of the game for a month.

But we'll see. These things always turn out messed up. Meaning when video games become movies.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 20th, 2007 08:45 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I hope it doesn't get messed up like the piece of crap that was the live action Street Fighter.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2007 09:42 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Tekken anime film was very medicore, in my opinion.

The movie will probably be as such.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Dec 20th, 2007 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2007 10:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I never saw the anime.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2007 10:31 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: TEKKEN: The (live action) Movie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Dwight Little has been set to direct "Tekken," a futuristic martial arts actioner based on the bestselling Japanese vidgame from Namco. "The film plays out as a science fiction story set in the near future, about a rebel who rises up against the Tekken Corp.

kmc.com

Sounds interesting. Absolutely loved the games. Won a local Tekken 2, month long, cash tournament that crowned me the king of the game for a month.

But we'll see. These things always turn out messed up. Meaning when video games become movies.

I was going to do this thread.. I love playing the game and I like the anime. In my opinion it will be very interesting to see who Little gets to play the roles.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 20th, 2007 11:17 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Any word on whos playing who yet?

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 20th, 2007 11:47 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I haven't heard any word on casting. I have fantasy casted just for kicks and I know it won't happen but i thought Tom Cruise would be Kazuya Mishima.

And Jackie Chan would be Lei Wulong (druken fighter) since the character was based offf him anyway.

Law would be the dude who played Bruce Lee in "Dragon"

Zhang Ziyi would be Jun Kazama

Eve Mendez as (Native American) Julia Chang

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 03:20 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I haven't heard any word on casting. I have fantasy casted just for kicks and I know it won't happen but i thought Tom Cruise would be Kazuya Mishima.

And Jackie Chan would be Lei Wulong (druken fighter) since the character was based offf him anyway.

Law would be the dude who played Bruce Lee in "Dragon"

Zhang Ziyi would be Jun Kazama

Eve Mendez as (Native American) Julia Chang
Tom Cruise as Kazuya?

Zhang Ziyi as Jun. yes

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 11:00 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

It'll sound ignorant of the games series but a quick question: did Bryan Fury come into the series in the 2nd game or was he in the original too?

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 08:16 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tabby999
It'll sound ignorant of the games series but a quick question: did Bryan Fury come into the series in the 2nd game or was he in the original too?
I believe Bryan Fury was introduced in Tekken 3, which was the best game of the series.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 09:15 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
.....Tekken 3, which was the best game of the series.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2007 08:18 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by InnerRise

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....
and I can see that chick in your avy playing Ling Xiaoyu...or whatever her name is.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2007 01:24 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Yay another DoA!

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 24th, 2007 05:08 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

This guy should play Eddy Gordo and looks and fights like him IMHO:

That's Lateef Crowder and he's from Brazil and is PERFECT for Eddy! big grin

Last night, me & my son Shane proved that who ever it was that said you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time - WAS A DAMN FOOL! - Vinnie Mac

Old Post Dec 24th, 2007 05:45 PM
NASA is currently offline Click here to Send NASA a Private Message Find more posts by NASA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wanna see Christie.....OH YES.......

Old Post Dec 25th, 2007 01:29 AM
JackieCD

Just hearing it tells me it'll be a crappy movie. Probably worse than Street Fighter.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 11:09 PM
JackieCD is currently offline Click here to Send JackieCD a Private Message Find more posts by JackieCD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
and I can see that chick in your avy playing Ling Xiaoyu...or whatever her name is.
Ling Xiaoyu just happens to be my favorite character.

No argument here.

When I we were younger, my sister and I would pronounce her name as "Who Are You."

We knew it was wrong, but it sounded close enough for us.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 07:19 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Is Uwe Bowell going to direct it?
Please tell me he is!

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 11:54 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by InnerRise
Ling Xiaoyu just happens to be my favorite character.

No argument here.

When I we were younger, my sister and I would pronounce her name as "Who Are You."

We knew it was wrong, but it sounded close enough for us.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....
her moves arent that powerful, but if you learn her combos and throws, MAN you can wreck shop with her.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 08:12 PM