KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Stallone should have ended the Rocky movies with Rocky 3

Stallone should have ended the Rocky movies with Rocky 3
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

Stallone SHOULD have done the humane thing and ended the Rocky movies with Rocky 3

Rocky 4 and Rocky 5 are a disgrace to the Rocky series.Stallone should be shot for those travestys.Lets not even go there on Rocky Balboa..Stallone had the perfect way set up to end the Rocky series with Rocky 3 having Rocky and appollo dancing around and having a friendly sparring session at the end.great way to end the whole thing.what a real ass not to have done so.Those movies all they ever won was Razzle awards.proof of how horrible they really are.

Like i said,I wish they had ended the Rocky movies with rocky 3 but since he DIDNT.I'm glad stallone didnt end it with that crapfest Rocky 4 because Rocky 5 was at least realistic and much more believeable.

Unlike Rocky 4,its actually watchable.Its kind of like Halloween 3 season of the witch.when you dont think of that movie as a Halloween movie,its actually not that bad of a movie.Just think of it as being called season of the witch and forget that its a Halloween movie and its not that bad.Same with Rocky 5.Just forget that its a Rocky movie and think of it as being called Tommy Gunn and its not that bad of a film.Its pretty well written actually.it was much more satisfying the way it ended than Rocky 4.

Rocky 4 was so horribly written that even if you think of it as not being a Rocky movie,its STILL a crapfest movie.

Reasons why it is easily the worst rocky movie of the last 3 god awful Rocky films.

1.It was a rip off of Rocky 3.In Rocky 3,Rocky fights Clubber Lang-Mr T the second time because he feels guilty for causing the death of Mickey his trainer when Clubber shoved him to the wall while going after Rocky in a scuffle causing Mickey to have heart attack.Mickey didnt want Rocky to fight him but Rocky pushed him into doing so and because of that,cause Mickeys death. In Rocky 4,same thing.Rocky goes and fights Appollo Creed because he feels responsible for causing his death when once again like in Rocky 3,he could have prevented his death by throwing in the towel and stopping the fight saving Appollo.

2.No way in hell could Rocky have survived 15 rounds with Drago.Here Rocky is a guy that had trouble going toe to toe with Appollo creed for 15 rounds who got killed in the second round against Drago.Rocky could never have lasted that long against this superhuman that he was fighting.

Fighting a superhuman? that doesnt work for a rocky film. Rockys wife hit the nail right on the head when she said-you cant win.If THATS not enough to convince you that Rocky would never have lasted 15 rounds in the ring with Drago,that he would have died as well just like appollo did,evander holifield was once a guest watching all the rocky movies one time during commercials and he himself said Rocky 4 is his least favorite Rocky movie because its the least realistic movie of them all.he said that no human being could have lived and survived the punishment that Rocky took in that film.That the referree would have stopped the fight long before the 15th round with the beatings Rocky was taking.Lungren was right when he said in that movie-he's not human,he's made of iron because no human being COULD take that kind of beating and live to tell about it.

Stallone must have gotten into drugs or something after Rocky 3 because his memory is autrocious.apparently he forgot that in rocky 3,the scene where appollo and his trainer were watching film clips of rockys first fight with clubber lang that Appollos trainer said in that movie-Damn that clubbers strong.we got to put him away early.I figure that with Clubbers strength and Rockys stamina,Rocky can last about 4 or 5 rounds with Clubber in the ring.6 at the most.WE GO TO PUT HIM AWAY EARLY. which Rocky did,he beat him in the 3rd round.

Well the thing that is so moronic about rocky 4 is that in that film,it shows Drago hit this device showing how hard he hits.They said that the AVERAGE fighter hits at approximately 75 psi's where Drago hit at a 195 psi's.He was MUCH stronger than Clubber Lang-Mr t,but Rocky as witnessed in Rocky 3 was incapable of going 15 rounds with Clubber let alone would never in hell be able to last that long against Drago who was MUCH stronger than clubber. roll eyes (sarcastic) Drago was right in that movie when he said-He's not human,he's made of Iron.thatwould be the ONLY wa he would have lasted 15 rounds is if he WASNT human. roll eyes (sarcastic)

3.That Russian crown would NEVER have switched sides like that and started cheering for Rocky like they did.that was INCREDIBLY unrealistic and not believeble.

4.Drago contines to punch Appollo in Rocky 4 while he is up against the ropes long after the bell has rung.That would have gotten him disqualified.

5.Lets skip that part of it and say he didnt do that.Well then there is moronic mistake number 5 by stallone.In Rocky 4,The referee trys to stop the fight and get Drago to stop punching him but Drago shoved him out of the way and kept punching on him.That ever happened in real life,Drago would have gone and served a life prison term for manslaughter.he especially would never have gotten away with that in the united states at the time.

6.Finally Rocky 4 is the worst one of them all because it was so damn predictable.Come one,everybody knew that he was going to win against drago.they knew he wasnt going to go up there and fight in Russia just to come back and lose.way too predicatable.

where when you look at the mistakes that Rocky 5 made,there is really only one mistake that sticks out that makes it a badly written movie.that after being gone in Russia for over 2 months,his son somehow magically grows and ages 5 years in that time frame. laughing But you can wipe that out from your memory by forgetting that its a rocky movie and that its called Tommy Gunn.Neither Rocky 4 or Rocky 5 deserve to be called Rocky movies,they didnt even have the Rocky theme song when Gonna fly now which made the rocky movies so inspirational and moving.But since that idiot Stallone just had to go and make rocky 4,im glad he didnt stop there and made rocky 5 because like i said,Rocky 5 had a much more satisfying ending and as a film on its own,its actually pretty good.Like it was touching when Adrian was telling him she took those beatings in the ring with him and agve him that speech that if he wanted to pass on something,to pass it on to his son.that gave me chills.NOTHING about Rocky 4 was touching.it was so stupid it was disgraceful.

I bring this up because I was bored on chirstmas with everything closed and on cable they were showing both those films-they didnt show the good ones-rocky 1 through 3. mad But do this sometime.rewatch Rocky 5 sometime and dont think of it as a rocky movie.When you do THAT,you'll find its actually not that bad of a movie and thats its not near as horrible as that crapfest Rocky 4 and you'll be glad that Stallone didnt end it all with Rocky 4 and glad he did Rocky 5 since he insisted on NOT ending it all after 3 like he SHOULD have. smile oh and also,it was kinda touching seeing Rocky in the old Gym again reminising about Mickey.again,there was NOTHING at all touching about Rocky 4.Didint find appollos death touching because again,it was just a copy cat rip pff of Rocky 3. mad

and C-DIC,please dont come on here,nobody is interested in listening to your insane stupid ramblings that rocky 4 is the best one. laughing or hearing false untrue tales that its the most popular just because YOU like it the best and live in this fantasy world that most others do as well.the evidence is clear that most people feel the same way about the two films.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Dec 27th, 2007 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 02:17 AM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrCampion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question: Did you cover Rocky Balboa (aka Rocky 6) in your intelligent and most inventive post?

Otherwise I pretty much agree with you, 3 was a much better way to end it than, say, 4 or 5 had it ended with either of them. 4 was made out of the 1980s hype that americans are better than other non-democratic cultures and 5 had some good moments but was a let down overall.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 02:31 AM
MrCampion is currently offline Click here to Send MrCampion a Private Message Find more posts by MrCampion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Mr. Parker you have such a strong opinion on everything, lol. I think Rocky should have ended at 3 as well but hey it was during the Cold War where everything had that Americans can beat anyone episode or movie , even Head of the Class

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 04:34 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrCampion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dont forget Iron Eagle

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 04:39 AM
MrCampion is currently offline Click here to Send MrCampion a Private Message Find more posts by MrCampion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

balboa was better than Rocky 3

Its nice to have a rocky 3 because Rocky doesnt learn how to box until the third installment. I agree that rocky 4 and 5 should be memory wiped from the worlds mind (men in black stye) we should create a memory inhibitor just to forget about Rocky 4 and 5.

I think Balboa ends the series far better than the near miss off rocky 3. Rocky 1 he went the distance, rocky 2 he became the champ, rocky 3 he learned how to fight like a professional. Balboa wraps everything up with Rocky deaing with his greatest loss...,Adrian. Life, although, goes on and rocky is a fighter. He learns a fighters sprit never dies.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 04:59 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MrCampion
Question: Did you cover Rocky Balboa (aka Rocky 6) in your intelligent and most inventive post?

Otherwise I pretty much agree with you, 3 was a much better way to end it than, say, 4 or 5 had it ended with either of them. 4 was made out of the 1980s hype that americans are better than other non-democratic cultures and 5 had some good moments but was a let down overall.

No I didnt cover Rocky Balboa.It reminded me a lot of Rocky 5.Remininsing on the past and just showing how much time has passed by,about the same thing,so no sense in going into that film.thanks for the kind words btw.

something else I wanted to add on that I left out in my original post is since Stallone couldnt leave it alone after Rocky 3 and just HAD to go and make another one,Im glad he didnt stop at Rocky 4 and that he made Rocky 5.Yeah I know most people hate Rocky 5 worse than Rocky 4 but as i just proved,its really not near as horrible as Rocky 4 having a much better story behind it with a much better satisfying ending to it,but I also got to say Rocky 4 isnt near as bad as 5 because it wasnt predictable like 4 was.Who would have ever thought there would have been a street fight like there was between Rocky and Tommy Gunn? that was pretty cool and a great way to end the film.It was something DIFFERENT for a change,and that was nice to see. smile

Rocky Balboa to me seemed to be just another rehashing of Rocky 5 like Rocky 4 was a rehashing of Rocky 3.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Dec 27th, 2007 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 08:36 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Ir should have ended, in my opinion, with Rocky 1.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 08:50 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

How come? didnt you like Rocky 2 or 3? No doubt that the original Rocky is easily the best one but Rocky 3 is a close second for me as being my favorite one.It was more exciting than 2 because he fought TWICE so it moved a lot faster than the second one.The second for me was kind of slow and boring at times,liked Rocky 3 much better.Especially with The Eye of the tiger song.

Another thing I really liked about Rocky 3 was it was the most realistic one of them all.It showed how once a boxer gets on top,he loses his hunger and that theres always some other fighter out there hungrier than you are and eventually they come along and take the title from you.

Reminded me of the real life boxing match between Buster Douglas and Mike Tyson.Mike Tyson got so successful and won so many fights over the years,that he lost his drive and hunger to be the best and Buster Douglas came along and was hungrier for the title than Tyson was and he beat Tyson and won.Then the SAME thing that happened to Tyson,happened to Buster Douglas.After he won that fight,he lost HIS hunger and got fat and out of shape in his defense of the title in his first title fight against evander holyfield and lost to Holyfield.

That was a case of life imitating art instead of the other way around on art imitating life. smile

Last edited by Mr Parker on Dec 27th, 2007 at 09:11 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 09:08 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rocky Balboa was the best, obviously. 'cause everyone knows it's cool and realistic to see old men beat up young black guys in there prime smile

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 09:19 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

ah. big grin

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 11:56 PM
mr.smiley

I'm excited about Rocky VS predator.

Rocky's body is cryogenicaly frozen and 300 years from now is unfrozen to battle a Predator in a boxing match!

That will make the best ending to the series.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 11:53 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soundtrackgeek
score overdose

Rocky 4 was far superior to Rocky 3, but Rocky Balboa was amazing. I'm still undecided on whether Rocky 1 or Rocky Balboa is the best in the series.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 10:37 AM
soundtrackgeek is currently offline Click here to Send soundtrackgeek a Private Message Find more posts by soundtrackgeek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by mr.smiley
I'm excited about Rocky VS predator.

Rocky's body is cryogenicaly frozen and 300 years from now is unfrozen to battle a Predator in a boxing match!

That will make the best ending to the series.

is this going to be before or after rocky VS robocop?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 10:41 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
is this going to be before or after rocky VS robocop?

laughing

I think it will happen after the robocop crossover.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 12:01 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Hey, Parker, I edited the thread title for length. Hope you don't mind. wink

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 12:47 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

I think all six of them were great.

One of the best movies series of all time besides The Lord of the Rings. Star Wars, Back to The Future and Kevin Smith's Clerks series.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 07:11 PM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by soundtrackgeek
Rocky 4 was far superior to Rocky 3, but Rocky Balboa was amazing. I'm still undecided on whether Rocky 1 or Rocky Balboa is the best in the series.

Better than 3? thats hysterical. laughing

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 07:39 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Rocky Balboa was the best one since the original.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 08:58 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soundtrackgeek
score overdose

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Better than 3? thats hysterical. laughing

Not just better, far better laughing

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 03:13 PM
soundtrackgeek is currently offline Click here to Send soundtrackgeek a Private Message Find more posts by soundtrackgeek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

I liked Rocky 4, loathed Rocky 5. Rocky 4 wasn't great but it wasn't bad either imo. I mean I could care less that it was unrealistic. If I gave a rats ass about a real boxing match...well I suppose I'd watch boxing. But I don't because I could care less about it, Rocky however always manages to keep it exciting and if they have to break the borderline of realism to do so, that's fine by me.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 05:49 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote