KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Coen Bros to make a Spaghetti Western!!!!

Coen Bros to make a Spaghetti Western!!!!
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Shocked Coen Bros To make a Spaghetti Western!!!!

Friggin AWESOME!!!!!

quote:
Filmmaking siblings Joel and Ethan Coen are set to make their goriest film ever - a Spaghetti Western featuring scenes of primitive torture methods. The brothers, whose notoriously gory new film No Country for Old Men has been tipped for Oscar glory, are desperate to make a film about the days of cowboys and Indians battling it out in the Wild West of America. But - as Joel warns - it won't be one for the faint-hearted. He says, "We've written a western with a lot of violence in it. There's scalping and hanging ... it's good. Indians torturing people with ants, cutting their eyelids off." Ethan adds, "It's a proper western, a real western, set in the 1870s. It's got a scene that no one will ever forget because of one particular chicken."

BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR ME!!!!!

*plays Morricone music*

My beloved genre is making a comeback!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 06:46 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Sounds interesting. I hope they cast it well.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 08:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If Franco Nero gets in the cast...this would be just PERFECT!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 10:27 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Wow, I'm totally up for it!

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 04:52 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Coen Bros To make a Spaghetti Western!!!!

Sweet... Sergio Leone is smiling in his grave.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 11:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

It's about time for a real western, the cold bitter kind. I do hope the Coen's will put more layers and depth in it than just the 'Hostel-esque' details they gave away in that tidbit

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 04:41 AM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DWBeale

They need to make a "no country" trilogy and give Bardem's hitman a worthy adversary. Maybe Brolin's close relative seeking vengeance or end it with a "good,bad,ugly" type scenario. Bardem could be the "ugly" who is left for dead on a promise to call off his other hitman "friends" from seeking revenge. Only this time the good guy lives to fight another day,or in the third installment.
Ok so many it's a bit corny but how much worse can they get from the original? Won't be too hard to improve upon the overall vagueness of the first one.
But then I digress...

BTW--where is the actual "no country" thread????

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 12:36 AM
DWBeale is currently offline Click here to Send DWBeale a Private Message Find more posts by DWBeale Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DWBeale They need to make a "no country" trilogy and give Bardem's hitman a worthy adversary. Maybe Brolin's close relative seeking vengeance or end it with a "good,bad,ugly" type scenario. Bardem could be the "ugly" who is left for dead on a promise to call off his other hitman "friends" from seeking revenge. Only this time the good guy lives to fight another day,or in the third installment.Ok so many it's a bit corny but how much worse can they get from the original? Won't be too hard to improve upon the overall vagueness of the first one.But then I digress...BTW--where is the actual "no country" thread????
No.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 01:06 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
No.
laughing
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Sounds interesting. I hope they cast it well.
I'm sure they will. Aside of "Lady Killers", I think they do a marvelous job of casting their films.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 07:44 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Re: Coen Bros To make a Spaghetti Western!!!!

Originally posted by Robtard
Sweet... Sergio Leone is smiling in his grave.

And Corbucci...and Fulci..and others...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 05:47 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Coen Bros To make a Spaghetti Western!!!!

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
And Corbucci...and Fulci..and others...

Yeah true, but Leone is the crowned king of spaghetti... I'd be awesome if the Coens do a small tribute and have a few super-closeup-shots of the protagonist, like Sergio's style.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 06:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jarritos

This sounds like it will be good...Cant wait

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 11:19 PM
Jarritos is currently offline Click here to Send Jarritos a Private Message Find more posts by Jarritos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote