KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Be Kind Rewind

Be Kind Rewind
Started by: arob

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
arob
Son of a Beekeeper

Be Kind Rewind - Trailer

This trailer looks terrific. I loved Jack Black in School of Rock and I'm a big fan of Moss Def's attempts to change America from the ground up...

This could be the best comedy of 2008. Even the website looks amazingly original (the internet is erased and your fav sites have been 'sweded').

I don't know much about Moss Def but I've learned that on September 7, 2007, Mos Def appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher where he spoke about racism against African Americans citing the government response to Hurricane Katrina, the Jena Six and the murder conviction of Mumia Abu-Jamal. Somehow that makes him even funnier to me - to know that he has a serious side and is passionate about his beliefs... passionate enough to speak out against the Bush Administration and publicly accuse them of being behind the 2001 Terror Attacks. (His rap song "Bin Laden" in 2004 blamed the Reagan Doctrine and President George W. Bush for the September 11, 2001 attacks. A club remix song, featuring Eminem, was released the following year, in 2005.)

Last edited by arob on Jan 4th, 2008 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 05:11 PM
arob is currently offline Click here to Send arob a Private Message Find more posts by arob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Yeah, I'm totally looking forward to this.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 01:52 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Anything with Mos Def deserves a look.
Anything with Jack Black deserves to be given awards

One little spark...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 03:44 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Reverend Axel
Anything with Mos Def deserves a look.
Anything with Jack Black deserves to be given awards

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Jan 5th, 2008 at 03:51 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 03:48 AM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
arob
Son of a Beekeeper

Why do they keep delaying this?

Any idea why they keep pushing th release date on this movie - I can't help wondering if it has something to do with Jack Black and the Acadmey Awards

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 09:37 PM
arob is currently offline Click here to Send arob a Private Message Find more posts by arob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aciam

i've read the plot of this comedy film and it's pretty interesting. i'm looking forward to see this in theater

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 04:51 PM
aciam is currently offline Click here to Send aciam a Private Message Find more posts by aciam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I'm getting a good vibe from this movie, I think it'll be funny.

Anyone else think it's strange that Michael Gondry is doing a straight-up comedy?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 08:11 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aciam

i'm expecting a lot from Jack Black

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 04:58 PM
aciam is currently offline Click here to Send aciam a Private Message Find more posts by aciam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
regina414

The plot is great. This is a must-see film for me, especially that the good ol' Jack Black is in it.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 05:19 PM
regina414 is currently offline Click here to Send regina414 a Private Message Find more posts by regina414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

cant wait big grin

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 05:49 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psychokandy

looks fantastic. i saw a preview for it when i went to see In Bruges. Seems like a great concept for a film and the fact that jack Black is in it makes it even better. i saw Orange County on tv last week...f'n hilarious. One of Black's best. big grin

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 08:23 PM
psychokandy is currently offline Click here to Send psychokandy a Private Message Find more posts by psychokandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

With vMichael Gondry Directing it'll be great!

he did eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and science of sleep, and i love both of those movies

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 08:43 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cap'n Happy

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I'm getting a good vibe from this movie, I think it'll be funny.

Anyone else think it's strange that Michael Gondry is doing a straight-up comedy?

I agree- the concept for this movie is so funny that it seems like a can't miss- esp. with those involved (but we've been burned before)... I can't imagine that it going to be a truly "straight-up" comedy, Gondry just has such a unique and personal style... I guess we just have to wait and see.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 12:42 AM
Cap'n Happy is currently offline Click here to Send Cap'n Happy a Private Message Find more posts by Cap'n Happy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

yeah it looks goooood. I saw an advert for it about 2 weeks ago and it looked rubbish, but I saw a different trailer for it yesterday and it looks a complete different movie.

The whole ghostbuster thing looks funny as shit.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 07:50 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

This is one parody movie that i am actually excited to see

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 09:12 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Its an original idea. Not too many original movies coming out lately.

One little spark...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 09:12 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I definately want to see this, seeing as how I was one of apparently few people that slept on "The Science of Sleep" only to love it when I saw it. Gondry is full of originality, you guys should see "Human Nature" sometime.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 07:30 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I continue to think the premise is silly & far-fetched.
And I'm not sure how good Michel Gondry's films are, when he's not working with Charlie Kaufman.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 07:51 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Ax3l
Its an original idea. Not too many original movies coming out lately.

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 07:52 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by roughrider
I continue to think the premise is silly & far-fetched.

Isnt that the point? confused

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 03:01 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote