KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » 3:10 To Yuma (2007)

3:10 To Yuma (2007)
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

3:10 To Yuma (the remake)

Could've sworn there was a thread for this.

Anyway, I just finished watching this movie.

Awesome, definitely my new favorite Western (unless you count No Country for Old Men as a Western).

Anyway, discuss!

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 08:13 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Thought it was an incredible movie. With a combo like bale and crowe, i expected nothing less than greatness. I was happily satisfied. The characters were vivid and engaging. I was even surprised by very decent directing. This is one of those Westerns, like no country and unforgiven, that non western fans can enjoy.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 08:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Great film, but something about the end bothered me. I wasn't sold that the bond between Crowe and Bale was enough that Crowe would help him in the way he did, but still, good movie.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 07:18 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Good fun this.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 12:22 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Great film, but something about the end bothered me. I wasn't sold that the bond between Crowe and Bale was enough that Crowe would help him in the way he did, but still, good movie.

gladiators have honor

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 12:40 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bodach

Re: 3:10 To Yuma (the remake)

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Could've sworn there was a thread for this.

Anyway, I just finished watching this movie.

Awesome, definitely my new favorite Western (unless you count No Country for Old Men as a Western).

Anyway, discuss!

Own it, love it. But it's nowhere near my favorite western.

That honour goes to Sergio Leone's epic spaghetti western Once Upon A Time in the West. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 01:37 AM
bodach is currently offline Click here to Send bodach a Private Message Find more posts by bodach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Excellent film, just watched it.

I'm usually not big on westerns, but this was was just outstanding.

The acting was great, but Ben Foster stole the show. This little squirrely guy became one of the best villains I've seen recently.

Last edited by BackFire on Jan 11th, 2008 at 05:32 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 05:27 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I saw this in the movie theater. Liked it, but loved the original more.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 07:17 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
gladiators have honor

Bros before ho's, right?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 06:40 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Christian bale for the win

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 09:21 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Bros before ho's, right?

you know whats up. Just be sure to remember that on election day of 08 big grin

Attachment: a902_bm.gif
This has been downloaded 96 time(s).

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 08:23 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you know whats up. Just be sure to remember that on election day of 08 big grin

laughing

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 11:11 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Does anyone else think this film was completely snubbed by the Academy Award people? It's only nominated for Best Original Score. I thought Christian Bale and Russell Crowe were absolutely amazing in it and I would have even nominated it for Best Picture.
I went with a small group to see this and we all enjoyed it very, very much. If it's not my favorite western, it comes a close second to Tombstone. All it was missing was Sam Elliot.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 12:55 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Originally posted by willofthewisp
Does anyone else think this film was completely snubbed by the Academy Award people? It's only nominated for Best Original Score. I thought Christian Bale and Russell Crowe were absolutely amazing in it and I would have even nominated it for Best Picture.
I went with a small group to see this and we all enjoyed it very, very much. If it's not my favorite western, it comes a close second to Tombstone. All it was missing was Sam Elliot.

Bale and Crowe were amazing yes

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 04:39 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by SelphieT
Bale and Crowe were amazing yes

Yes they were. But their performances weren't really oscar worthy.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 08:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

However, 3:10 to Yuma>Juno.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 10:49 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by BackFire
Excellent film, just watched it.

I'm usually not big on westerns, but this was was just outstanding.

The acting was great, but Ben Foster stole the show. This little squirrely guy became one of the best villains I've seen recently.

I know what you mean about the squirrel guy...at the beginning...I was kinda sceptical about him, he seemed really weird and I didn't really like him as a villain, but it turned out really well for him.

And this was a great western...only thing needed...Clint Eastwood stick out tongue

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 11:31 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rockycairns

Good film with great acting and fantastic action gonna pick up the DVD soon.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 02:19 PM
rockycairns is currently offline Click here to Send rockycairns a Private Message Find more posts by rockycairns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Definately worth it.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 02:52 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote