KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Afterlife
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Resident Evil: Afterlife

In July 2005, the producers openly discussed the possibility of following Extinction with a sequel titled Resident Evil: Afterlife, with the announcement of plans to shoot and set the film in Tokyo, Japan. In September 2006, it was announced that casting had been underway for Resident Evil 4, and that Jensen Ackles (Dean in Smallvile- Picture at bottom of the page) was in talks for portraying Leon Kennedy. However, bringing Leon as a character in an upcoming film would contradict promotional information from Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Screen Gems created a faux newspaper, The Raccoon City Times, that detailed the background of Jill Valentine, and included that she was dismissed from the S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics and Rescue Service) after the death of her partner, Leon Kennedy.

During an interview with Bloody Disgusting, while promoting Extinction, Ali Larter confirmed she would reprise her role "100% if asked". Oded Fehr jokingly mentioned if his character was to return for a new film, he would have to be cloned like Alice's character in Apocalypse and Extinction.[47] Despite Resident Evil: Extinction being billed on the official website and elsewhere as the final installment of the Resident Evil film series, Rory Bruer, Sony's head of distribution explained, "It absolutely would not surprise me considering the success of the franchise that they find a way to come up with another. It's a real possibility".[48] In an October 18, 2007 interview with IGN regarding the continuation of the franchise, however, producer Jeremy Bolt said, "It's not our intention [to make a follow-up to Extinction]. But we've been very pleased that the third part of the franchise has done so well."
-Wiki

Jensen Ackles
(please log in to view the image)

I have to admit. I like Leons casting. He doesn't look a think like Leon should but he's a good actor, so I think he'll do the character justice.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 04:00 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cEejay_01

nice review.. i love it..

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 08:55 PM
cEejay_01 is currently offline Click here to Send cEejay_01 a Private Message Find more posts by cEejay_01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

he'd be pretty good

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 09:14 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aizen
Arancar Lord

If they make another stupid RE movie then I can say Hollywood has lost its mind long time ago.They killed the game, I barely can play it now, damn them. I hope the CGI version will bring back RE to its roots

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 05:29 PM
Aizen is currently offline Click here to Send Aizen a Private Message Find more posts by Aizen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I haven't liked any of the RE movies thusfar and I'm 99% sure this one will be no different.

Looking forward to Degeneration though.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 08:02 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I haven't liked any of the RE movies thusfar and I'm 99% sure this one will be no different.

Looking forward to Degeneration though.

Same here. I haven't liked the movies either, but RE4 has two advantages over the others.

-Leon S. Kennedy
-Jensen Ackles

This may have a chance with them.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 12:24 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I honestly think that the addition of Leon will just make the film worse, since they'lk most likely **** up the character.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 06:58 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

The movie itself hasn't even been confirmed yet, let alone Leon being in it. As much as I would love it, I'm not getting my hopes up

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 08:53 PM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I honestly think that the addition of Leon will just make the film worse, since they'lk most likely **** up the character.
most likely... deg. come soon plz!

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 26th, 2008 12:13 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

their casting eric brady from days of our lives as leon kennedy. RE4 is in bigger trouble than re:extinction

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 02:29 AM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by rox
their casting eric brady from days of our lives as leon kennedy. RE4 is in bigger trouble than re:extinction
They didn't take Jesnen?

Wow. This movie is now destined to fail. I don't really know Eric Brandy, but meh.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 04:07 AM
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

Originally posted by Sweet Escape
The movie itself hasn't even been confirmed yet, let alone Leon being in it. As much as I would love it, I'm not getting my hopes up

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 04:34 AM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faith27

I think that guy was on Smallville before...

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 02:50 PM
Faith27 is currently offline Click here to Send Faith27 a Private Message Find more posts by Faith27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Faith27
I think that guy was on Smallville before...

Yep. He was jason. Lana's old boyfriend I think (or one of them anyway... O_O).

PWNT

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 12:33 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Jensen Ackles would be a great choice as Leon.

If anyone has ever watched Supernatural, you'd know he's perfect for the role.

He plays a hunter who hunts stuff like vampires, ghosts and demons.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 01:05 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

supernatural is a geat show, and jensen would make a great leon.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 05:21 AM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aizen
Arancar Lord

Oh come one, Hollywood will just destroy the game totally with this one, for the Gods sake leave it to the creators

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 11:21 PM
Aizen is currently offline Click here to Send Aizen a Private Message Find more posts by Aizen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Photo's

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/wond...ws.php?id=64716

someones been playing Resident Evil 5.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 01:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji
Photo's

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/wond...ws.php?id=64716

someones been playing Resident Evil 5.

Milla is looking good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 03:06 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

**** yeah she is, can't wait for this.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 03:14 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote