KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Snow Angels

Snow Angels
Started by: Morning_Glory

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Snow Angels

Starring:

David Gordon Green (dir.)
Sam Rockwell
Kate Beckinsale
Michael Angarano
Griffin Dunne
Amy Sedaris

In SNOW ANGELS, David Gordon Green explores the space between youth and adulthood, offering a glimpse into the lives of his characters at that key moment in which they recognize what growing up might mean. This exploration is the touchstone of his body of work, including ALL THE REAL GIRLS and the critically acclaimed GEORGE WASHINGTON, and is poignantly portrayed in SNOW ANGELS, the story of three couples in adjacent stages of life who are linked by powerful relationships. Arthur (Michael Angarano) is in high school. He plays trombone in the marching band. He becomes friends with Lila Raybern (Olivia Thirlby), a pretty girl who is just as nerdy as Arthur and who develops a romantic interest in him. Annie (Kate Beckinsale) used to baby-sit Arthur. Today they work in the same Chinese restaurant where anyone can see how much they care about each other, even as their lives are pulling them in much different directions. As Lila’s affection for Arthur grows, so does the ardor with which she tries to express it. While he clearly enjoys the attention, Arthur must deal with the fact that his parents (Griffin Dunne and Jeannetta Arnette) are splitting up. Meanwhile, Annie’s first marriage to Glenn (Sam Rockwell) has ended. A man with a troubled past, Glenn used to drink but has since found Jesus Christ and lives with his parents. Hoping to rebuild his life by getting a job selling carpet, Glenn also tries to reconnect with Annie as he shows up to visit their very young daughter. A film for grown-ups, SNOW ANGELS is about a precise moment on a cold winter morning when Glenn and Annie’s past catches up with their future. For them, and for Arthur, nothing will ever be the same.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 12:37 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Great thread Morning_Glory, I was going to do a thread about the movie. Kate Beckinsale is my fave actress so I'm definitely going to see this.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 05:43 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I finally caught this the other night. Very depressing movie, but not utterly without hope. Anyway, I won't give anything away, but it's worth seeing, even if it's just for Sam Rockwell's performance. That guy's becoming one of my favorite actors.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 08:12 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I likewd Snow Angels...

wasn't too long or too short...

Complex, but good story

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 08:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Walker.I

I love this movie, it's very compelling. I find it to be the best of the year, it beat out The Dark Knight in my book.

I knew you wouldn't give up. . .

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 04:38 AM
Walker.I is currently offline Click here to Send Walker.I a Private Message Find more posts by Walker.I Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlazingBarrells

Good flick. Super downer, but the great cast kept it afloat.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 03:44 AM
BlazingBarrells is currently offline Click here to Send BlazingBarrells a Private Message Find more posts by BlazingBarrells Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't stand Sam Rockwell, but I should be seeing this film next week.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 05:28 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Can't stand Sam Rockwell

Whaa?!

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 09:52 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote