KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Doomsday

Doomsday
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doomsday...could be up there among the worst films ever

http://www.doomsdayiscoming.com/

going by the trailer it looks like a cross between mad max beyong thunderdome and something equally as bad...set in Glasgow...hahaha...oh how that made me laugh cause as bad as glasgow looks in this film...it isn't as bad as it looks in real life

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 01:21 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

On the contrary, it's supposed to be superb.

It's made by Neil Marshall, who created Dog Soldiers and The Descent, both among the best horror films of the new millennium.

I have high hopes for it, and I think it will be better than what the trailer let's on.

Last edited by BackFire on Jan 25th, 2008 at 01:34 AM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 01:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
On the contrary, it's supposed to be superb.

It's made by Neil Marshall, who created Dog Soldiers and The Descent, both among the best horror films of the new millennium.

I have high hopes for it, and I think it will be better than what the trailer let's on.

i hope so...the trailer starts well but finishes laughably badly

and while i think dog soldiers is a great film due to its dark humour....the descent was atrocious...it started well and it played on one of my fears (total darkness and caves) but i had no love for the ending at all

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 01:37 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Well I thought The Descent was outstanding across the board, and I loved the original ending, very unconventional and thought provoking relating to the theme of the film. The alternate ending, which we got initially here in America, was pretty stupid and cliche, though. Dunno which one you saw.

Even if the premise of doomsday is silly or becomes so, I think Marshall has enough innate talent to make the most of it.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 01:43 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

This movie looks interesting.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 04:50 AM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

This looks interesting. I loved The Descent so I'll give this a try.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 05:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Virus? Outbreak? City? Quaruntine?

This is sounding a little too much like resident evil but its cool with me. This looks good. I'll go see it.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 06:15 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I thought The Descent was outstanding across the board, and I loved the original ending, very unconventional and thought provoking relating to the theme of the film. The alternate ending, which we got initially here in America, was pretty stupid and cliche, though. Dunno which one you saw.

Even if the premise of doomsday is silly or becomes so, I think Marshall has enough innate talent to make the most of it.

only saw the UK version...i didn't think the ending was unconventional at all...the dream alternative end style has been used in other genres before...25th hour being an example i can remember of the top of my head

the only difference being it was in a scare tactic ending

and i cant believe people actually think this trailer is "interesting"

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 05:56 PM
exanda kane

British Film so I don't care, I shall see it and buy the DVD perhaps.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 06:30 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
and while i think dog soldiers is a great film due to its dark humour....the descent was atrocious...

Make that the other way around. Not atrocious, but The Descent was way better in all areas compared to DS imo.

I adored The Descent and didn't have a problem with the ending at all, it would have been crap if [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the whole thing had been a dream, but it was just the part where she escaped that was the dream, so nothing wrong there , so I will be there to see his next movie, hope it turns out good. Been waiting for it for ages.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 07:09 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

why has the thread title been modified?...am i not allowed to express my opinion on the trailer as i see fit merely because the moderator disagrees with me?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 10:56 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by exanda kane
British Film so I don't care, I shall see it and buy the DVD perhaps.

i dont like the trailer but i'd never go so far as to make an all encompassing idiotic statement like that

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 10:57 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

seriously thought it was resident evil at first

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 11:01 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amlap
this guy

anyone see this movie yet... i want to check it out but looks like i could seriously be disappointed.

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 10:01 PM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mark Question
Lurker

I like apocalypse flicks, but i'm not digging the lead in this one... Granted, she is smokin'.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 12:09 AM
Mark Question is currently offline Click here to Send Mark Question a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Question Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I'm sure it's falsely advertised. I like Neil Marshall a good deal, I'll be there.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 04:59 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Rather disappointing. Not nearly as good as Marshall's previous films.

Still kinda fun, though. Some fun action and gore, but I was hoping for more.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 08:20 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

The trailer looks laughably bad. It looks like a crappy eighties movie.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 09:47 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amlap
this guy

Rather disappointing. Not nearly as good as Marshall's previous films.

Still kinda fun, though. Some fun action and gore, but I was hoping for more.

is it worth an 8 dollar movie ticket?

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 09:30 PM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Not really.

Just rent it later.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 09:31 PM