KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Atonement

Atonement
Started by: exanda kane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

Atonement

Really, there was no thread for this?

One of, if not the best film of 2007 of no thread in little old KMC to honour and discuss it?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 02:53 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Great film. Oscar caliber performances.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 04:29 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Refresh my memory..........

Who was in it?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 08:34 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I can see why you'd forget; no silly little guns or aliens an that in the films. Grown up stuff. Keira Knightley, James McAvoy, Vanessa Redgrave.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 10:11 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
I can see why you'd forget; no silly little guns or aliens an that in the films. Grown up stuff. Keira Knightley, James McAvoy, Vanessa Redgrave.

Admit it, you never watched it, just heard the critics are raving about it so you jumped on the bandwagon to come off as some sort of connoisseur (yet again).

I'm watching it tomorrow.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 09:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Nice, took you a while to get to grips with the keyboard I reckon.

For your information, and displeasure I hope, it turns out that the entire love story is a fabrication of the fanciful girl Byrony, after they both die. So all you watch doesn't actually happen, Vanessa Redgrave just wants to atone for a terrible mistake she made as a child. Also, reserve a few laughs for the opening, a nice little letter involving words not allowed at KMC.

Oh sorry, was I supposed to use spoiler tags. Well, I guess I just didn't think it was neccesary considering you left your trousers hanging by your ankles in a pose Ron Manager (a la Fast Show) would simply say "Enduring image."

Great film, yet again.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 10:33 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Nice, took you a while to get to grips with the keyboard I reckon.

For your information, and displeasure I hope, it turns out that the entire love story is a fabrication of the fanciful girl Byrony, after they both die. So all you watch doesn't actually happen, Vanessa Redgrave just wants to atone for a terrible mistake she made as a child. Also, reserve a few laughs for the opening, a nice little letter involving words not allowed at KMC.

Oh sorry, was I supposed to use spoiler tags. Well, I guess I just didn't think it was neccesary considering you left your trousers hanging by your ankles in a pose Ron Manager (a la Fast Show) would simply say "Enduring image."

Great film, yet again.

Grips with the keyboard... yeah, how does that have any bearing here?

I already read the synopsis and spoilers online, seems you did the same, hence your fabricated insight into the film.

Never watched that show, sorry.

Of course you're saying it's a great film (yet again), have to be part of the gaggle. I'll let you know how good it was Sunday.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 10:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I won't be seeing it in the theaters, as I have to REALLY, REALLY want to see a movie to go to the theaters.

But I think James McAvoy is a fantastic actor with a lot of success in his future.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 10:49 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Hey, I'd love to say I did spend time reading the spoilers for a British heritage film, but really, as a connoisseur-of-films-you-haven't-yet-dragged-the-old-shellsuit-out-to-the-cinema-to-see, I must admit, I'm clean. I loved the film, even the funky little score, the choir at Dunkirk and that photo of Dover, stapled together with bunches of other memories.

Not much need to validate myself much further. Fact that you have a chip on your shoulder and have even spilled the beans on your own pre-viewing habits is enough for a little giggle from me (and a giggle from him).

But please, go on, indulge us all.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 10:56 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Devil King
I won't be seeing it in the theaters, as I have to REALLY, REALLY want to see a movie to go to the theaters.

But I think James McAvoy is a fantastic actor with a lot of success in his future.

I tried to download it, but I repetitively got one of those 'camera in threature' versions, which I refuse to watch. Maybe I'll give it one more try before I spend the $20.00.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 10:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Hey, I'd love to say I did spend time reading the spoilers for a British heritage film, but really, as a connoisseur-of-films-you-haven't-yet-dragged-the-old-shellsuit-out-to-the-cinema-to-see, I must admit, I'm clean. I loved the film, even the funky little score, the choir at Dunkirk and that photo of Dover, stapled together with bunches of other memories.

Not much need to validate myself much further. Fact that you have a chip on your shoulder and have even spilled the beans on your own pre-viewing habits is enough for a little giggle from me (and a giggle from him).

But please, go on, indulge us all.

What's there to indulge? I said I haven't seen it yet; not pretending to love it or hate it. I'll let you know on Sunday.

Is there something wrong with reading up on a film you haven't seen yet and are uncertain about? Wait, that's right, you're the connoisseur first class.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 11:02 PM
exanda kane

On the backfoot already?

Jesus, no substance, no style either, you're a regular Jim Davidson you.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 11:05 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

On the backfoot already?

Jesus, no substance, no style either, you're a regular Jim Davidson you.

If tossing out nifty British slang terms at inappropriate times in lieu of addressing points makes a winner, then you're certainly a winner.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 11:09 PM
exanda kane

Aha! Knowing me, knowing you.

Seems I'm a connosieur in all respects then, which is nice in all fairness. Get over yourself and go and see the fiilm, as I have made clear, it's pretty fantastic, including the mention of good old Southend-on-sea by the cockney officer. Good old cockneys. 'Ave it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 11:18 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Aha! Knowing me, knowing you.

Seems I'm a connosieur in all respects then, which is nice in all fairness. Get over yourself and go and see the fiilm, as I have made clear, it's pretty fantastic, including the mention of good old Southend-on-sea by the cockney officer. Good old cockneys. 'Ave it.

More self-indulgent babble from you while dodging points, who would have guessed.

I have repetitively said I'm going to watch it tomorrow, as it seems genuinely a good film, from what I read, which part of that can't you grasp? I'll let you know how it went, cheers.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 11:22 PM
exanda kane

Hey! Wait a minute sonny jim.

Course it's self indulgent; I was 100% brand-spanking right and you seem to be accepting that fact, albeit slowly. The chip on your shoulder probably stings, I don't know why it got there, but similarily, I don't mind milking the opportunity and caining the effin hell out of you.

Backfoot jerky for you. Prime rib for me!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 11:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Hey! Wait a minute sonny jim.

Course it's self indulgent; I was 100% brand-spanking right and you seem to be accepting that fact, albeit slowly. The chip on your shoulder probably stings, I don't know why it got there, but similarily, I don't mind milking the opportunity and caining the effin hell out of you.

Backfoot jerky for you. Prime rib for me!

More twist, to bad you're not crafty enough to pull it off though...

I never doubted that the film is great, as the majority of critics agree it's great and from what I read it does seem so; that is besides the point of you being right though. As those aren't really your own thoughts and views, but just parroting and posturing, you peacock. Which was my original point.

As usual, you bite nothing but the fat.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 11:40 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I tried to download it, but I repetitively got one of those 'camera in threature' versions, which I refuse to watch. Maybe I'll give it one more try before I spend the $20.00.

It isn't even the money, it's the grimey, nasty, sitting on top of someone else, listening to them all chew on their food like a herd of cattle in an amphitheater part. Movie theaters are just nasty places. On top of the fact that if I don't want to see it, I just fall asleep, which is the same thing I do to make long car trips tolerable.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 11:40 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

Originally posted by Devil King
It isn't even the money, it's the grimey, nasty, sitting on top of someone else, listening to them all chew on their food like a herd of cattle in an amphitheater part. Movie theaters are just nasty places. On top of the fact that if I don't want to see it, I just fall asleep, which is the same thing I do to make long car trips tolerable.

yes that sucks donkey d!ck sad

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 12:01 AM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Robtard
More twist, to bad you're not crafty enough to pull it off though...

I never doubted that the film is great, as the majority of critics agree it's great and from what I read it does seem so; that is besides the point of you being right though. As those aren't really your own thoughts and views, but just parroting and posturing, you peacock. Which was my original point.

As usual, you bite nothing but the fat.

Nah, didn't even mention the film back there. Course, as a connisseur of all, I was mentioning this notorious chip you got there, buckled to your head fast, like so much cotton wool. You ain't very good at this kinda stuff and I'm not sure I get why you can't just pack up and bugger off.

You must obviously realise you are caught in a bit of a hole here; I understand, you said some petty things, things you said in haste before considering the full weight of what you were implying. Your proud, but really? Iis it neccesary to carry on this charade? Even when you make yourself look so foolish? I hope it ain't.

Bottomline is, I've seen the film, twice, and enjoyed it thoroughly both times, perhaps more the first, cheaper the second time (£2.75 in fact). I'm glad I've seen such a great film. Doesn't have to go further than that.

On the other hand, you ain't even seen the bloody film and have to simply gutball your way to it on the recommendations of others. Fair enough, probably good recommendations, but simply no need to dig your own hole there.

Course, in conclusion, I'd like to allow you a moment to swallow your own arsehole, as clearly you can't make distinction between them as it is.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 12:01 AM