KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Mark the number of stars!
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
***** 7 43.75%
**** 7 43.75%
*** 1 6.25%
** 1 6.25%
* 0 0%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Click to see the trailer.

In February 2007, Mignola described the story he had developed with del Toro as one that focused on folklore and fairy tales, rather than the more pulp elements of the first film.

“It's not Nazis, machines and mad scientists but the old gods and characters who have been kind of shoved out of our world. I kind of equate it to the whole American Indian situation. The Indians were shoved onto reservations. You had your old, wise Indians who said, "You know, this is the way it is. We can't fight anymore. We just have to accept our fate." You then have your Geronimo character saying, "Or we could just kill the White Man." That's kind of the situation we have in the film. We have our elf characters resigning to the way things are and then there's one saying, "Or we could take the world back." The main difference is - what if the Indians had a nuclear warhead? The elves have their equivalent of the weapon that is too terrible to use. What if this guy decided to use it?”

Starring:
Ron Perlman as Hellboy
Selma Blair as Liz Sherman
Doug Jones as Abe Sapien, The Angel of Death, The Chamberlain, Wizard
Jeffrey Tambor as Tom Manning
John Hurt as Trevor Bruttenholm
Luke Goss as Prince Nuada
Anna Walton as Princess Nuala
John Alexander as Johann Kraus
Thomas Kretschmann as Johann Kraus (voice)
Roy Dotrice as King Balor
Brian Steele as Troll, Mr. Wink, Map Shop Owner, Fragglewump

This looks really exciting! Anyone else anxious to see this?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 07:38 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I've been shitting bricks to see this since i first heard that it was in production. I became even more anxious after reading that Del toro was going to be incorporating designs and elements inspired from pans labyrinth into the movie. Hellboy was the most fun comic book movie i've ever watched. From the beginning to end. I was thoroughly entertained. Unlike most comic book movies, and movies in general. I did not have to watch the movie several more times to decide whether or not i liked it. The movie is just as fun to watch now as it was during my first viewing. Great casting, lavishly detailed sets, exceptional directing and flawless pacing. I can only hope that this sequel is half as fun.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 11:21 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I can't wait to see this. It's nice to see Toro doing Hellboy still. One might think that after Pan's Labyrinth Toro may be above making comic book movies, but I'm glad he doesn't see it that way.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 01:17 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I still have yet to see Pan's Labyrinth. I really need to buy it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 01:58 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I adored the first one, so I shall definitely be seeing this one. I am glad to see they got rid of that actor Rupert Evans as that FBI agent from the first movie, didn't like him at all.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 01:34 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Can't wait to see this movie. I really enjoyed the first one, and I'm glad Del Toro is back for this one.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 03:19 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faithxp

I was excited on this movie., its movie trailer were really good.,

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 06:29 PM
faithxp is currently offline Click here to Send faithxp a Private Message Find more posts by faithxp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I still can't wait for this movie to come out. The trailer is so awesome. I love the creatures, it's like the entire cast is characters you'd find in the cantina from Star Wars.

http://www.hellboymovie.com/

Last edited by Tired-Hiker on May 26th, 2008 at 05:31 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2008 05:29 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

I can't wait for it to come out!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 05:16 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

The trailer looks shit-hot

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:19 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
The trailer looks shit-hot

Yay? confused

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:25 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Originally posted by Impediment
[BThomas Kretschmann as Johann Kraus (voice)
[/B]

Actually its "Seth MacFarlane" now

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Re: Re: Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Originally posted by Kazenji
Actually its "Seth MacFarlane" now

I wish we knew how he sounded.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:33 AM
Dyno
Authority

Seth Mcfarlane is Bryan/Peter/Stewie/Quagmire from family guy laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:47 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
Seth Mcfarlane is Bryan/Peter/Stewie/Quagmire from family guy laughing out loud

I mean how he sounds as Krauss.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:52 AM
Dyno
Authority

Originally posted by Toku King
I mean how he sounds as Krauss.

ahh, God knows, he can do so many voices laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:55 AM
Plutonic_Hat90

Yeah, this movie looks pretty damn cool. The first one was awesome

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 02:12 PM
Plutonic_Hat90 is currently offline Click here to Send Plutonic_Hat90 a Private Message Find more posts by Plutonic_Hat90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

When I saw the movie trailer in the theater (which was the first time I had seen the trailer), I had boners. no expression

I am very excited to see this movie. I want to see it really really bad.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 05:29 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Part 1 sucked, to me. But I did however enjoy "Pan's Labyrinth". oddly enough -since they were both directed by the same director-. (saw it a couple of times, actually). So i'll give this movie the benefit of the doubt this time around and i may watch it just cause he's seemingly gonna present a better vision of the hellboy mythos with this sequel.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 06:58 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Part 1 sucked, to me.

Why? I think that it's one of the best superhero movies to date!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 10:26 PM