KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Big Movies You Love, but the Majority Hates.

Big Movies You Love, but the Majority Hates.
Started by: Alpha Centauri

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Big Movies You Love, but the Majority Hates.

What are some big movies that got bad reps or reviews, that you actually enjoyed once you watched them?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 09:44 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

The Island.

I liked that very much.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 09:55 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think a lot of people were disappointed with Silent Hill(with Radha Mitchell in the lead), I really enjoyed it actually. Was a fan of the director's first film, so was happy when I heard he was directing it.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 11:21 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i liked both of the films mentioned already as well

FF: spirits within
matrix sequels

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 12:23 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
I think a lot of people were disappointed with Silent Hill(with Radha Mitchell in the lead), I really enjoyed it actually. Was a fan of the director's first film, so was happy when I heard he was directing it.

I went with a group of people to see Silent Hill and they all hated it, I was the only one who liked it.

Reign of Fire

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 12:32 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Waterworld
King Arthur
Lady in the water
A nightmare on elm street 2

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 01:53 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by jaden101

FF: spirits within
matrix sequels

I really dont understand why the fvck people dont like, Spirits within. I remember going into the film expecting a tame little cartoon. I came out thrilled that i had discovered a genuinely sound Sci-fi movie with incredible effects.
Although, i love the matrix series. I can understand why the sequels would not appeal to people, even if they are sci-fi fans.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 01:55 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sime

the harry potter movies (i'm talking about 3-5) i went to see with my firends. well need less they all didn't like it very much. and i was i only one in our after movie depat that stud up for it.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 05:36 AM
sime is currently offline Click here to Send sime a Private Message Find more posts by sime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cloverfield, Return of the Sith, the Phantom Menace, Matrix: Revolutions (My favourite of the three).

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 05:49 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Cloverfield, Return of the Sith, the Phantom Menace, Matrix: Revolutions (My favourite of the three).
Just a note: majority don't hate Phantom Menace or Revenge of the Sith.

Both are in the top 10 films of all time.

They are only hated on the internet. smile

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 06:11 AM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by sithsaber408
Just a note: majority don't hate Phantom Menace or Revenge of the Sith.

They are only hated on the internet. smile

A majority of SF fans dwell on the net.

Even I know that The Phantom Menace is hated or shunned by the fanbase, simply because of Jar Jar Binks.

=AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 06:40 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
A majority of SF fans dwell on the net.

Even I know that The Phantom Menace is hated or shunned by the fanbase, simply because of Jar Jar Binks.

=AC

jar jar never bothered me that much, i never understood why people hated him so much...

matrix reloaded... at the very least the action sequences are just awesome imo... critics hated it over here...

return of the jedi is my favourite star wars movie, yet gets lots of flak... not hated i know, but still...

blade 2 was another... the rush hour series...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 09:00 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by sithsaber408

[/B]

And where did you get that bollocks? Box office gross?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 11:50 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

As far as blockbusters go:

Bruce Almighty
The Mummy
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
National Treasure

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 03:33 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DethRose
Owl Girl

I love Amadeus.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 03:46 PM
DethRose is currently offline Click here to Send DethRose a Private Message Find more posts by DethRose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

- Star Wars Ep. 1 and 3 - seen these 2 more than any other movie this decade.

- The Matrix sequels - The best sci fi concept in film ever, i think.

- P.O.T.C. 2 - Wathced it twice in a row on dvd once, that's how much i liked it.

- Superman Returns - I've only met one person personally out of many that liked the film.

- Daredevil - Haven't met anyone that like that one but i liked it alot. Even went to watch it at theatres. hm. 5yrs ago yesterday actually. 2/14/o3(?) think it was 'o3

- War of the Worlds

- Scary movie 1, 2, and 5.

- Jason X

- Gangs of New York

- Freddy vS Jason

- "Punisher" (w/Dolph Lundren)

- Spiderman 1

- Ace Ventura

- Dinsney's Tarzan, Cars

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 03:57 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Do most people hate Armageddon? If they do, then that gets my nod because I love that big, stupid cheese-ball.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 04:42 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

It seems like the vast majority of people around here disliked Cloverfield. I thought it was great.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 05:02 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Re: Big Movies You Love, but the Majority Hates.

American Me. I think its the greatest and most underrated prison flick of all time. For those of you who haven't seen it, it's similar to American History X except the protagonist is Hispanic, and instead of the Aryan Brotherhood, its about the Mexican Mafia. If you're a fan of prison/gangster flicks, American Me is a definite must-see.

I also think The Shawshenk Redemption is extremely overrated to the point of making me sick. Even in 1994, a guy trying to escape from prison wasn't a new premise to cinema. And Morgan Freeman always has to play the magical negro stock-character in every film he appears in.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 07:04 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I can't really think of any....

Majority is a pretty big number. If a majority hates it, there must be something wrong with it.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 07:23 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote