KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Public Enemies

Public Enemies
Started by: sithsaber408

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Warning Enemies of the State

Just found out about this film today!

Michael Mann, director of Heat, Ali, Collateral, and Miami Vice is making a gangster film starring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale.

An adaptation of Brian Burrough's book "Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933-43," the film centers on the government's attempt to stop John Dillinger and his gang. Depp is playing Dillinger to Bale's famed FBI agent Melvin Purvis.

Also in the cast are Marion Cotillard, Channing Tatum, Giovanni Ribisi and Stephen Dorff.

Shooting begins in March in Chicago.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42259

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 05:53 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faithxp

Ive heard that title before.,

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 06:11 PM
faithxp is currently offline Click here to Send faithxp a Private Message Find more posts by faithxp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by faithxp
Ive heard that title before.,

You might be thinking "Enemy of the State" with Will Smith.

Anyway, this sounds interesting. Bale and Depp should be pretty good; I'm looking forward to this.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 09:07 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: Enemies of the State

Originally posted by sithsaber408
Just found out about this film today!

Michael Mann, director of Heat, Ali, Collateral, and Miami Vice is making a gangster film starring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale.

An adaptation of Brian Burrough's book "Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933-43," the film centers on the government's attempt to stop John Dillinger and his gang. Depp is playing Dillinger to Bale's famed FBI agent Melvin Purvis.

Also in the cast are Marion Cotillard, Channing Tatum, Giovanni Ribisi and Stephen Dorff.

Shooting begins in March in Chicago.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42259

Bale and Cotillard are faves of mine. I look forward to seeing this.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

David Wenham's up for this shizzle too.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 12:39 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Btw, I checked this out on Wikipedia and they say the title is "Public Enemies." This would make sense since the book has that same title.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 01:09 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

embarrasment

Good catch.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 01:24 AM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Title changed, as requested!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 02:44 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bizEb
Jedi

sounds like it has the makings of another great gangster flick. love the true to life flicks of the old-school gangsters like Bonnie & Clyde & The Untouchables.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 11:10 PM
bizEb is currently offline Click here to Send bizEb a Private Message Find more posts by bizEb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll be there to see a Michael Mann film smile especially with Christian Bale, and Marion Cotillard.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 11:17 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat_Crabs
black iza stato mind!

Dis movie is gona mbe da abomb, yo!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 12:32 AM
Phat_Crabs is currently offline Click here to Send Phat_Crabs a Private Message Find more posts by Phat_Crabs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faithxp

I think I heard this movie before., or maybe they have just the same in title.,

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 06:19 PM
faithxp is currently offline Click here to Send faithxp a Private Message Find more posts by faithxp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

mistake of a post

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 06:25 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by faithxp
I think I heard this movie before., or maybe they have just the same in title.,
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
You might be thinking "Enemy of the State" with Will Smith.

Anyway, this sounds interesting. Bale and Depp should be pretty good; I'm looking forward to this.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 06:25 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I would have thought people would have thought the title was more like 'Public Enemy' instead of 'Enemy of the State.' Oh well.

It's a shame that Depp is Dillinger and Bale is the agent bringing him down. It would work better the other way.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 08:20 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

When I first heard about it I thought it was a remake of that Korean film lol.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 09:17 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by exanda kane
It's a shame that Depp is Dillinger and Bale is the agent bringing him down. It would work better the other way.

Agreed.

Although they're both pretty versatile so it should still be quality.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 10:50 PM
exanda kane

Nah, I don't rate Johnny Depp all that well as a versatile actor, for example look at him in Donnie Brasco (a supposed human character) and he is just plain wooden. Not that I want to jump on the "Let's all hate Depp because his is popular" bandwagon, but I just don't happen to think he'll pull it off very well. Which is bad unless Dillinger is a pantomine supervillain in this.

I do hope I am wrong though.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 12:13 AM
exanda kane

Cast is swelling with solid actors now: Stephen Graham is in it. Legend.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 07:14 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 04:49 AM