KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » "Cats" the Musical - by Andrew Lloyd Webber

Which Kat do you want to be, now? (no multiple choice)
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Victoria (female) – white ballerina 1 50.00%
Jemima (female) – baby 0 0%
Bombalurina (female) – red sexy 0 0%
Demeter (female) – black and gold 0 0%
Rumpleteazer (female) – woozy (always with Mungojerrie) 0 0%
Grizabella (female) – glamour cat 0 0%
Macavity (male) – mystery cat 0 0%
Mr. Mistoffelees (male) - magical 0 0%
Skimbleshanks (male) – railway cat 0 0%
Mungojerrie (male) – always with Rumpleteazer 1 50.00%
Total: 2 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

"Cats" the Musical - by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Started by: VioletEyesPop08

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Cats" the Musical - by Andrew Lloyd Webber

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 06:05 PM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
regina414

I love this musical, especially the song Memory.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 03:13 PM
regina414 is currently offline Click here to Send regina414 a Private Message Find more posts by regina414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tongue Cool Beans!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by regina414
I love this musical, especially the song Memory.
Cool! I also liked it a lot.

I always really wanted to be Macavity and used to want to do that number a lot, maybe. It does not seem so exciting anymore, for some reason, though. I guess, it is time for something new, but it is always exciting to look back at the past.

I really respect the white cat Victoria, as well. It must be exciting, to watch, if you take ballet. I took ballet. I have never seen anyone perform it just for fun.

All the numbers are really exciting. I was a big fan of it when the video came out and I saw it for the first time. We read "Macavity" that year before it came out, and I really liked it. I guess it is a lot like when 101 Dalmations came out in 1996 or when 102 Dalmations came out in 2000. I know, there was a big obsession with the Pollicles in Cats and, probably, even the rodents.

My friends really liked it, as well, but they thought it was uncool to really be a fan of it. I know one of them sees it in NYC, a lot, with her family. She did a lot of her papers on that.

It reminds me of a song I am listening to now, "You Gotta Get a Gimmick" from Gypsy (1993) with Bette Midler in the movie as the star, with the contrast of "finesse" and a sudden slam, like. I think, Hollywood should be able to work on this.

It is so hard to pick a favorite. You feel people attacking you, on all sides, for some reason, when you try to pick anything. It is a poster image on discouragement to dreaming to be on Broadway, someday. People say you do not have a chance, but, then, no one is really that impressive. Performers are getting fat and flawed, in new ways. You always feel they are jealous and want to be in a movie, which is really immature. It is okay to dream of being in a movie. Usually, it is hard for a Broadway star to be successful onscreen since they are both the same thing and not the same thing. It is just confusing on why someone would get jealous rather than pick what they want to work on. It seems as though people bargain their way into movies through sex, like "You Gotta Get a Gimmick," and are confused on why it does not seem like what they wanted, anyway, like performers are never satisfied, I suppose, with the audience. In one sense, these days, it has turned into an activity or a lottery on meeting people or getting attention. I feel no one really ever talks to me. I do not complain, but it is ridiculous, still.

Aw, well, more lata..

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 07:36 PM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote