KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » There will be Blood

There will be Blood
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

There Will Be Blood

There's going to be two new catch phrases entering pop culture, from this movie -

"I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE! I DRINK IT UP!!!

And

"DDDRRRRAAAAAIIINNNNAAAGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!!! DRAINAGE!!"

laughing out loud

Anyone else seen the film, you know what I'm talking about. big grin

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 03:00 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

This movie is next on my list. I'm surprised more people haven't seen it.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 05:13 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Good movie. I see some academy awards in its future.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 05:21 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

It's out in the UK finally, but I'll be seeing it next week.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 08:52 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

THERE WILL BE MILKSHAKES!!!!!!!

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 04:30 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Drainage! Drainage, Eli, you boy. Drained dry. I'm so sorry. Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? Watch it. And my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake, I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 04:32 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Good movie. I see some academy awards in its future.

You don't say... stick out tongue

Still need to see it, looks fabulous.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 04:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mairuzu
THERE WILL BE MILKSHAKES!!!!!!!

Indeed. big grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCCdZmHk5Fk

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 05:30 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faithxp

I haven't seen this movie yet., what is all about?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 05:32 PM
faithxp is currently offline Click here to Send faithxp a Private Message Find more posts by faithxp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's about the beginning of the California oil boom in the early 20th Century, alongside the religious boom that happens when one particular town becomes prosperous. Daniel Day-Lewis plays a prospector and oil man named Daniel Plainview, and the film covers three decades of his life, starting from 1898. The 'Blood' of the title is metaphorical, for great riches from oil or religion (The Blood of the lamb), and as Daniel expands his operation and empire, he becomes increasingly in confrontation with the local church & it's zealot of a preacher, Eli Sunday(Paul Dano.) Their battles of wills spans many years and takes many twists.

That's a basic synopsis. It's fiercely acted by all, and builds to an explosive conclusion.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 02:39 AM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by roughrider
Indeed. big grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCCdZmHk5Fk
eek!

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 02:51 AM
jinXed by JaNx

I would watch a movie about drinking soda through a straw if it had daniel day lewis in it.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 02:54 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mark Question
Lurker

Good movie... It's slow, but DDL's peformance carries it.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 04:07 AM
Mark Question is currently offline Click here to Send Mark Question a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Question Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Yes, it's slow moving, but not boring at all.

I loved it. Amazing movie, DDL did a fantastic job.

I am loving these new Western themed movies, I tell ya.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 12:38 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looking forward to seeing this.

Daniel Day Lewis has one of the best, if not THE best, abilities to change from his regular self into a character.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 12:41 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

One of the best movies of the decade; I saw it last Tuesday. Paul Thomas Anderson is a wunderkind. Made me rewatch Magnolia and Boogie Nights just because of the sheer virtuosity of his direction; plus the score was amazing. Sadly Greenwood can't get the Oscar.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 12:58 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Looking forward to seeing this.

Daniel Day Lewis has one of the best, if not THE best, abilities to change from his regular self into a character.

-AC

Agreed on both counts.

I was so disappointed when he didn't win the best actor Oscar for Gangs of New York.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 01:01 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Originally posted by Impediment
Agreed on both counts.

I was so disappointed when he didn't win the best actor Oscar for Gangs of New York.

He was insaaaaane, in Gangs of New York.

He's just as delightful in There Will Be Blood. I don't think anyone can be disappointed in his performance, it was amazing.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 01:02 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by SelphieT
He was insaaaaane, in Gangs of New York.

He's just as delightful in There Will Be Blood. I don't think anyone can be disappointed in his performance, it was amazing.

Bill the Butcher is an awesome character, I really don't think anyone but DDL could have made that character what he was in Gangs. Brilliant actor.

Edit: Put in the wrong vid.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Last edited by Röland on Feb 25th, 2008 at 01:10 AM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 01:06 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Nice. Daniel Day just took best actor. Good. I wanted him to get it. Viggo was my secong pick.

Wth was up with a Clooney and Depp nod. They didn't look right there. They're only known for their good looks and bad attitude not their acting. Deep's decent and better than Clooney but they're no Oscar caliber performeers. What was the academy thinking?

Congrats Daniel Day. Your second best actor Oscar award. His best role to me was the butcher from Gangs of New York. He reminded me of your drunken step uncle who who'd beat you just for blinking the wrong way. Loved his passion his calmness and psychotic temper in the movie.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 04:46 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote