KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Wanted

Wanted
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Wanted

Based upon Mark Millar's explosive graphic novel series and helmed by stunning visualist director Timur Bekmambetov--creator of the most successful Russian film franchise in history, the Night Watch series--Wanted tells the tale of one apathetic nobody's transformation into an unparalleled enforcer of justice. In 2008, the world will be introduced to a hero for a new generation: Wesley Gibson.

25-year-old Wes (James McAvoy) was the most disaffected, cube-dwelling drone the planet had ever known. His boss chewed him out hourly, his girlfriend ignored him routinely and his life plodded on interminably. Everyone was certain this disengaged slacker would amount to nothing. There was little else for Wes to do but wile away the days and die in his slow, clock-punching rut.

Until he met a woman named Fox (Angelina Jolie).

After his estranged father is murdered, the deadly sexy Fox recruits Wes into the Fraternity, a secret society that trains Wes to avenge his dad's death by unlocking his dormant powers. As she teaches him how to develop lightning-quick reflexes and phenomenal agility, Wes discovers this team lives by an ancient, unbreakable code: carry out the death orders given by fate itself.

With wickedly brilliant tutors--including the Fraternity's enigmatic leader, Sloan (Morgan Freeman)--Wes grows to enjoy all the strength he ever wanted. But, slowly, he begins to realize there is more to his dangerous associates than meets the eye. And as he wavers between newfound heroism and vengeance, Wes will come to learn what no one could ever teach him: he alone controls his destiny.

LINK
http://www.latinoreview.com/films/wanted-619

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 05:51 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rockycairns

McAvoy should pack and head back to Shameless

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:50 PM
rockycairns is currently offline Click here to Send rockycairns a Private Message Find more posts by rockycairns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm seeing Wanted right before it comes out. Can't wait.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 08:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crystallake
Slasher

I just now saw the trailer for this over at Apple; how the heck did I miss it earlier?!? This is one of my favorite graphic novels; I can't WAIT to see it in theaters!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 10:45 PM
crystallake is currently offline Click here to Send crystallake a Private Message Find more posts by crystallake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Good old McAvoy.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 12:13 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

visually it looks stunning...but i just dont think Mcavoy fits the role at all...suspension of disbelief is lacking for me

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 01:09 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Angelina Jolie + action movie = me there.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 04:08 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Can't wait

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 05:23 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crystallake
Slasher

I dunno if any of you are gamers, or if you're into ARGs, but I Googled this movie last nite, and found their main website at wantedmovie.com. If you go there and click "Enter U.S. Site", they've got this cool little menu thing that pops up with bullets... but one of the bullets isn't labeled.

Hey, any time I see a hidden link on a website, I've GOTTA find out where it goes - it's the DVD easter egg hunter in me. cool

Well, it takes you to this weird website called FraternityofWeavers.com - it looks like they're running a "Wanted" ARG!! That is AWESOME!!!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 07:00 PM
crystallake is currently offline Click here to Send crystallake a Private Message Find more posts by crystallake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Ugh. I'll pass, thank you.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 12:47 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Looks pretty sweet, kinda Matrixy. Not sure about Jolie, though...Always found her to be a little shit.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 03:04 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Looks pretty sweet, kinda Matrixy. Not sure about Jolie, though...Always found her to be a little shit.

would stick it in her arse though

Old Post May 10th, 2008 04:43 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

As long as she is better than what she was like in A Mighty Heart, ugh.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 08:35 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
would stick it in her arse though

That's nice. She's attractive, but I don't get the whole 'Sexiest Woman Alive' thing.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post May 11th, 2008 07:33 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

"Based upon Mark Millar's explosive graphic novel series..."

For a minute there I thought I read Frank Miller (I'm need to wear glasses)....no thanks....I'll pass....

Old Post May 12th, 2008 03:03 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Wanted

Anyone looking forward to this movie ? Starring Angalina jolie and Morgan Freeman it looks good to me. out 27.6.08

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 04:42 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I think I saw commericials of that movie the other day.Yeah I'll have to see it.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 07:11 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm seeing this. It looks really good.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 07:20 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i was about to say there's already a thread about this...BUT YOU MADE THAT ONE AS WELL

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t476347.html

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 07:59 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh dear...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:39 PM