KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Started by: Tramps Lady

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tramps Lady
Blaine

i know that heath ledger was filming this when he had died(still crying) but johnny depp is rumoured to continue heaths role in this.

Apparently heath falls into something and comes out somewhere and johnny becomes his character. anyone think this will work? i know it makes no sense when im saying it, but i just summed it up...very quickly to what i had read.

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 12:31 PM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

That's a weird rumour, where has it come from?

I heard that Ledger was a main player in the financial side of the film, with his unfortunate death, that funding was pilled away. That's another would-be-masterpiece from Gilliam that's had its legs pulled from under it. Gilliam always likened Ledger to Depp as an actor however, so everything is possible.

I still hope Gilliam can get Good Omens on the way, cracking book.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 12:45 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

well, it came from a movie site(no, not imdb) and it said:

"Well, it's another bizarre turn of events in the Heath Ledger sad tale. According to the Sun in London, Johnny Depp is going to take on the role Ledger was filming in Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. According to the report, there's a point in the film, which is a time travel fantasy, when Ledger falls through a magic mirror; "he could change into another character after that, and that is where Johnny would come in." Earlier reports were that the set had been shut down and all the crew let go. And the Sun also claims that three days before his death, while filming in London, Ledger had "a furious BUST-UP with bosses on the movie after they refused to reshoot a scene the perfectionist star was unhappy with" … Meanwhile, funeral arrangements have been set for the actor, though the family is keeping mum on details."

so....yeah

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 02:23 PM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

This film has been put on hold. Nothing has been confirmed about what is going to happen to it.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 08:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Anyone remember on the Simpsons when Troy Mclure went of to make a movie backed by fox? Sounds like they're making it in real life.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 26th, 2008 12:52 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Here's an update on it.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35505

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 03:44 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
erikko

if im not mistaken, Heath's character here will be replaced by Johnny Depp. They will create a scene where his character will enter a mirror that will serves as portal and when the time he will come out, there comes Johnny

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 04:26 PM
erikko is currently offline Click here to Send erikko a Private Message Find more posts by erikko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

It's rumored that it won't just be Johnny Depp, that 2 other actors besides Depp will also play Ledger's character. There's no way he can do the whole movie. He has way too much on his plate right now. The Rum Diary, Public Enemies, Shantaram, Sin City 2, and maybe even Sin City 3 will be coming out in 2009, which is when Dr. Parnassus comes out.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 04:36 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Johnny Depp rocked in 21 Jump Street yo!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 08:11 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Johnny Depp if he does do this will make a good choice.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 08:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
regina414

quote: (post)
Originally posted by erikko
if im not mistaken, Heath's character here will be replaced by Johnny Depp. They will create a scene where his character will enter a mirror that will serves as portal and when the time he will come out, there comes Johnny

Well, Johnny Depp is good in this kind of film genre.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 03:12 PM
regina414 is currently offline Click here to Send regina414 a Private Message Find more posts by regina414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rajendra
just hanging around

I bet this will be great since Johnny is the replacement of heath.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 07:39 PM
Rajendra is currently offline Click here to Send Rajendra a Private Message Find more posts by Rajendra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Entertainment Weekly said it was just a rumor. Johnny hasn't been asked to do the part and is busy right now anyway prepping for Public Enemies.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 08:58 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

It's been confirmed. Heath Ledger's character will go through 3 changes during the movie, and with each change, the actors will change. The 3 actors taking on the role are Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 04:04 PM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Well, I am having high hopes that this movie still gets released. Gilliam is one of my favorite directors. Also, Tom Waits is in the movie as well. It sounded right up my alley.

One little spark...

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 09:50 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

It has Tom Waits. I'll see it.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 11:38 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
regina414

I just hope they really push through with the project.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 06:03 PM
regina414 is currently offline Click here to Send regina414 a Private Message Find more posts by regina414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Really looking forward to this because of Heath Ledger, should be interesting.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 04:19 PM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

From the film clips I've seen it does look wonderful, and I adore how they have worked around Heath Ledgers role.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 04:34 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

You better hope Night Stick doesn't read this thread.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 05:13 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote