KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Favorite Spielberg Film?

Favorite Spielberg Film?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Jaws (1975) 6 24.00%
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) 0 0%
Indiana Jones - specify which - (1981, 1984, 1989, 2008) 3 12.00%
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) 0 0%
Empire of the Sun (1987) 0 0%
Jurassic Park - specify which - (1993, 1997) 5 20.00%
Schindler's List (1993) 5 20.00%
Saving Private Ryan (1998) 5 20.00%
Minority Report (2002) 1 4.00%
Munich (2005) 0 0%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favorite Spielberg Film?
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Favorite Spielberg Film?

I guess I'm addicted to these favorite *insert director's name* film threads.

Spielberg's made a couple movies you might've seen. Which is your favorite and why?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:51 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

You missed out Duel which, for me, comes 3rd after Schindler's list and Jaws.

Although it was made for TV so might not count.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 10:09 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Yeah, I couldn't fit all of his films on there. Also, I haven't seen Duel; is it good?

And I'm embarrassed to say but... I STILL haven't seen Schindler's List.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 10:21 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Jurassic Park for me. 2nd place would be Lost World, and third would be... hmm... either Saving Private Ryan or Munich.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 10:22 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha...that is shocking.

Duel is one of the most tense films you'll see given that it has one plot point that runs the entire length of the film.

And you really REALLY do need to spare some time to watch Schindler's list.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 10:24 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Favorite Spielberg Film?

Empire of the Sun
Saving Private Ryan
Schindler's List

My top three favorite from that list. I'd probably give it to Schindler's.

Watch Duel, it's a great film. Low budget, focuses mainly on one character and it's done mostly in inner-monologue. Pure win.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 10:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Empire of the Sun
Saving Private Ryan
Schindler's List

My top three favorite from that list. I'd probably give it to Schindler's.

Watch Duel, it's a great film. Low budget, focuses mainly on one character and it's done mostly in inner-monologue. Pure win.

thumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 11:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Jaws
Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
Raiders of the Lost Ark
CEOT3K

In that order.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Jul 17th, 2010 at 03:18 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 11:53 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Saving Private Ryan is probably my favorite btw. Or Jurassic Park.

I'll watch Schindler's List soon; promise!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 12:59 AM
God

Jaws followed by Raiders of the Lost Ark

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 02:50 AM
003 is currently offline Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha-7
No.1

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Jaws

Thanks to Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 03:17 AM
Alpha-7 is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha-7 a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha-7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

This was a tough decision. It really came down to, Jurassic Park or Saving Ryan. I think it's safe to say that these two movies are easily his most impactful films. It comes down to these two movies, for me, because not only did they both change filming techniques (or technologies, in Jurassic parks case) but they also helped to refine the expectations of film audiences. You will hear people in the film industry often speak about how sophisticated film fans have become and consequentially it has become harder to convince and entertain them. These two movies are prime examples of how this happens. Just like Star Wars, these two movies revolutionized their genres during a time when no one else was trying.

Even though i chose, Saving Private Ryan as my favorite i think, Jurassic Park has to be his most successful film. Yeah, Spielberg may have gotten extremely lucky by accidently stumbling across a very talented graphic arts developer (lets face it we wouldnt be talking about this movie today had it been filmed using stop motion effects like originally intended) but i think the movie best illustrates what kind of visionary, Spielberg can be.

Private Ryan on the other hand...,well i don't think anyone needs to explain why this one is considered as one of, if not, his best. Everything, from the settings, props, costumes, history acting and effects were authentic Even though the movie later adopts a more traditional hollywood war movie, atmosphere, the visceral and sobering action never do. I'm sure it wouldnt be hard to motivate actors on a film set like this movie but some of the performances in this movie are beautifully directed and edited. It changed how we look at war movies and what we expect from them. It also inspired a generation to take more interest in their war veterans. Yeah, ok, the realistic violence and settings may have been the main factors as to why so many scenes from the movie are seared into our heads forever, but it took the vision and drive of spielberg to make it happen

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 04:08 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Love Jaws and Jurassic park but for Jaws was better

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 04:51 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Schindler's List for me.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 06:19 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Jurassic Park

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 06:43 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Power

Jaws is by far his best film in my opinion.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 11:49 PM
The Power is currently offline Click here to Send The Power a Private Message Find more posts by The Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Jurassic Park for me. 2nd place would be Lost World, and third would be... hmm... either Saving Private Ryan or Munich.

Lost World, really? That's one of his worse imo. First Jurassic Park is fantastic though.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 12:02 AM
Abel
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Schindler's List
2. Saving Private Ryan
3. Munich
4. Minority Report
5. Artificial Intelligence: AI

Those are my personal top 5 of his (last two films hugely underrated imo).

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 01:18 AM
Abel is currently offline Click here to Send Abel a Private Message Find more posts by Abel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateCake

Saving Private Ryan

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 02:39 AM
ChocolateCake is currently offline Click here to Send ChocolateCake a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateCake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

beer It would have to be Jaws for me

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 03:38 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote