KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Are they any remakes of films you like more than the originals ?

Are they any remakes of films you like more than the originals ?
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Are they any remakes of films you like more than the originals ?

Especially originals you were familiar with before the remake.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 04:44 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Little Shop Of Horrors. The Thing.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 05:11 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Best remakes are;

The Fly - (1986 from the 1958)
Cape Fear - (1991 from the 1962)
Ocean's Eleven - (2001 from the 1960)
The Thing - (1982 from the 1951)
A Fistful of Dollars (1964 from 1961 Yojimbo)
Man on Fire (2004 from 1987)

I've actually seen most of the remakes before the originals, but I am familiar with both movies and it's my opinion that the remake is better in all instances above.

If you count Lord of the Rings over the really awful cartoon version they made in the 70's then that's possibly the greatest remake in the history of anything, but given how insanely inaccurate it is, I vote it's not at all a remake ;p

Last edited by EvilAngel on Sep 26th, 2011 at 07:08 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 07:05 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Night of the Living Dead

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 09:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Invasion of the Body Snatchers with Donald Sutherland. The Blob. Scarface. Many others mentioned above. Can't think of any recently though.

Edit: The Departed (but only a little bit better)

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 09:28 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Best remakes are;

I've actually seen most of the remakes before the originals, but I am familiar with both movies and it's my opinion that the remake is better in all instances above.

If you count Lord of the Rings over the really awful cartoon version they made in the 70's then that's possibly the greatest remake in the history of anything, but given how insanely inaccurate it is, I vote it's not at all a remake ;p

agreed except for THE FLY. no way,not even close,that was horrible.The origianl is far superiour and better than the remake.thats another remake thats a disgrace to the original. sick

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 09:42 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Myth
Invasion of the Body Snatchers with Donald Sutherland. The Blob. Scarface. Many others mentioned above. Can't think of any recently though.

Edit: The Departed (but only a little bit better)

only one i saw was invasion of the body snatchers with sutherland and yeah that one is better than the original as well.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 09:43 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kazenji
Night of the Living Dead
Bingo. I also never saw the original Cape Fear but Deniro was simply awesome as the villain in the remake. I never saw the original Scarface either but love Pacino in the remake. Man on Fire was also good but never saw the original.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 10:17 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Mr Parker
agreed except for THE FLY. no way,not even close,that was horrible.The origianl is far superiour and better than the remake.thats another remake thats a disgrace to the original. sick

Don't talk shit about Cronenberg!! Or Goldblum!! Haha.. The Fly rocks!!! I've never seen the original, but I think I've seen clips from it. Isn't it REALLY old and a pretty goofy version that stays pretty true to the original source material? I've read the short story and it's pretty silly. The Cronenberg remake changed it a lot, but it's effin' great!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 11:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Don't talk shit about Cronenberg!! Or Goldblum!! Haha.. The Fly rocks!!! I've never seen the original, but I think I've seen clips from it. Isn't it REALLY old and a pretty goofy version that stays pretty true to the original source material? I've read the short story and it's pretty silly. The Cronenberg remake changed it a lot, but it's effin' great!
I always thought remakes should change up the original formula.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 11:47 PM
Impediment
Endless

Dawn of the Dead
The Departed
The Fly

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 02:19 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

People tend to forget you can't have a remake without the original.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 06:03 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Have'nt seen the original 3:10 to Yuma but the remake was great.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 08:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bertholemew

A Miracle on 34th St
Count of Monte Cristo (2002)
Evil Dead 2 (to me this is a remake more that a sequel)

Last edited by Bertholemew on Sep 27th, 2011 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 03:21 PM
Bertholemew is currently offline Click here to Send Bertholemew a Private Message Find more posts by Bertholemew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MovMispercept

Dawn of the Dead. Yeah probably gonna get a few boo's for that but as much respect as I have for the original, I think the new one was incredible.

True Grit. Never been a fan of John Wayne, but nontheless the remake was better anyway.

I am Legend was definitely better than "The Omega Man" Although I like "The Last Man on Earth" the best.

Evil Dead 2 Haha, not really a remake but it may as well be.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 04:17 PM
MovMispercept is currently offline Click here to Send MovMispercept a Private Message Find more posts by MovMispercept Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

thats why i dont like it cause yeah,unlike the origianl it wasnt true to the source material and it was just plain gross.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 05:22 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by EvilAngel
Best remakes are;

good list Id also say...,

King Kong (2005)
Night of the living dead
Dawn of the Dead
3 10 to Yuma
Last house on the left
The Wolfman

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 06:07 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tazzzdo

Let Me In, The Thing, Dawn Of The Dead

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 07:13 PM
tazzzdo is currently offline Click here to Send tazzzdo a Private Message Find more posts by tazzzdo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by tazzzdo
Let Me In

Whoa? What? Really?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 07:23 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iRuleSoHard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mr Parker

B-b-b-b-but Jeff Goldblum... I'll say it again, Jeff GOLDBLUM!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 12:23 AM
iRuleSoHard is currently offline Click here to Send iRuleSoHard a Private Message Find more posts by iRuleSoHard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote