KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Hunter (Willem Dafoe)

The Hunter (Willem Dafoe)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Warning The Hunter (Willem Dafoe)

He played God. Now he's playing The Hunter. All behold the great and powerful Willem Dafoe...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 11:58 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It's a shame that no one here has an appreciation for how awesome Willem Dafoe is. I actually think this looks kinda good. Almost a little Deliverance-esque.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 08:29 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I heard about this movie because it came out last year

goes looking for the Tasmanian tiger.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 08:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Wow, that looks really intriguing.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 09:15 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

It's more of a slow drama than action/adventure.
More focus on Dafoe's character adjusting to the wilderness & befriending a mother & daughter then hunting the Tazzy Tiger...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 01:40 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manchub

Who has seen it? I saw a trailer awhile ago and it sparked my interest. It looks like a slow-burning character study, which I love. Plus, anything with a backdrop that gorgeous deserves to be watched.

And yes, Willem Dafoe is underrated and underused. He can be insanely terrifying and then ridiculously sympathetic.

Old Post May 4th, 2012 04:37 AM
Manchub is currently offline Click here to Send Manchub a Private Message Find more posts by Manchub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This is a nice, simple, beautifully shot little film. I recommend it. A little predictable? Yes, I saw some things coming, but it didn't bother me, cuz it's intriguing, well done, and it's Willem Dafoe.

Don't watch that trailer up there before you see it, though. It shows way too much. And it's a little deceptive, cuz it is sort of slow moving, but it works well... kind of sucks you in.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 04:00 AM
Ascendancy

Hah, then get a mod to take the trailer down. I just watched it. Might have to see if I can catch this at Redbox or something.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 04:11 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This is a nice, simple, beautifully shot little film. I recommend it. A little predictable? Yes, I saw some things coming, but it didn't bother me, cuz it's intriguing, well done, and it's Willem Dafoe.

Don't watch that trailer up there before you see it, though. It shows way too much. And it's a little deceptive, cuz it is sort of slow moving, but it works well... kind of sucks you in.

thumb up

I totally agree, the simplicity & beautiful locations was the core of this film & Dafoe blended right in.

My only disappointment was the mother & daughter dying in the fire. Very sad but convenient.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 04:51 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

...why would you spoil that last part? LOL

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:07 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mkt07

Willem Dafoe is truly a hunter. his role in the movie Hollow man was truly amazing. This man is truly a hunter.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 09:52 AM
mkt07 is currently offline Click here to Send mkt07 a Private Message Find more posts by mkt07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, bro... why would you spoil that??

But seriously, I'd probably give this little film a good 8 or 9 / 10. It didn't try to be more than it needed to be. It dealt with a nice, simply little story that actually has some layers to it if you want to find them, and the direction doesn't try too hard either. It just lets it play out like it should. Very good. Plus I'm kind of a sucker for beautiful natural scenery like this.

Originally posted by mkt07
Willem Dafoe is truly a hunter. his role in the movie Hollow man was truly amazing. This man is truly a hunter.

AMEN, bot poster!!! PREACH THE GOSPEL OF DAFOE!!! HE IS TRULY A HUNTER INDEED!!! A HUNTER OF MEN!!!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 07:50 PM
rudester
Tommy

you love your dafoe..he's your hoe...?

it does look good ill watch it..

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 08:14 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by rudester
you love your dafoe..he's your hoe...?

Don't speak of the Dafoe that way. mad

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 12:10 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
[. Plus I'm kind of a sucker for beautiful natural scenery like this.

Tasmania is beautiful but if you remember the mountain range behind the house, they were actually cgi-ed from another location to make the location of the house more secluded than it was...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 05:39 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well, that don't bother me none, bro. Worked just fine whatever they did.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 06:10 AM