KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson)

The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson)

From Paul Thomas Anderson (not to be confused with Paul WS Anderson, of course). I really liked There Will Be Blood, so I'm looking forward to this. I think there's some controversy as to whether or not it's about Scientology, so should be very interesting. It comes out this month...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 05:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

This film looks impressively creepy.

A frustrated man who exists in an hostile existentialist existence after meeting a manipulative man who seduces him into his beliefs. Well that's what I got from the trailer anyways.

And the aftereffects of those beliefs being questioned. And the aggressive victims retaliation in response to such situations.

Stories like this are important. Especially to todays youth. I see Oscar nominations but this film is so controversial that it may go under the radar.

I'm looking forward to this future classic.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 06:13 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Joaquin Phoenix + There Will Be Blood + the period of time =

WIN!

I wonder if The Master will turn out to be Philip Seymour Hoffman... or Joaquin Phoenix.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 11:11 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I dont think i've seen Joaquin Phoenix in anything since Gladiator. He's a good actor.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 12:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I dont think i've seen Joaquin Phoenix in anything since Gladiator.

Or you just lost interest in him because he was few other films after Gladiator.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 12:48 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I dont think i've seen Joaquin Phoenix in anything since Gladiator. He's a good actor.

Dude, you have to see "Quills." Geoffery Rush, Michael Caine, Kate Winslet.... about the Marquis de Sade. Phoenix plays a priest and has a passionate meltdown... that performance really tuned me in to him as an actor. [plus Michael Caine plays a creep, so, you know, the one chance to see that...]

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 03:07 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote