KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Maleficent (2014)

Maleficent (2014)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Maleficent (2014)

quote: (post)
Plot Synopsis:
The "Sleeping Beauty" tale is told from the perspective of the villainous Maleficent and looks at the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse young Princess Aurora.

(please log in to view the image)

Starring: Angelina Jolie, Juno Temple, Elle Fanning & Sharlto Copley.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 04:23 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

I still think Jolie is good but might not be the best choice to play her.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 04:56 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

This could be her comeback but she needs to eat something.
The trailer doesn't give enough to get me interested but I can't see why such a plot wouldn't.
Too much CG. Screw this CG garbage. It's like watching an old Red and Blue 3D movie. Too distracting seperating the real imagery and the fake.
I want to like this because Disney is at its best when it plays the horror angle.

Last edited by the ninjak on Nov 18th, 2013 at 05:15 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 05:11 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 05:14 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I'm interested in seeing how Maleficent tells the Sleeping Beauty story...
so I'll probably see this.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 05:52 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by the ninjak
This could be her comeback but she needs to eat something.
To play this character I'd actually she needs to stop eating altogether. Maleficent was wafer thin.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 06:03 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Pass.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 10:24 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Def a wait for home rent via redbox/Netflix/StoreDVDRental....whatever...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:36 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Phuck Angelina Jolie. She'll do this crap but won't do the sequel to Salt. What a quim.

And yea
Originally posted by Impediment
Pass.

thumb up

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 05:03 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Am I the only one who cannot stand the 'accents' Jolie uses in her films? They're just... Terrible.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 05:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

They are. Soon as she opened her mouth in Alexander I stopped paying attention to anything else.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 07:36 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Yup. Also, Salt 2 should happen. Not this.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 10:38 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Yup. Also, Salt 2 should happen. Not this.

Why should she do a Salt 2?
The movie was originally written with Cruise in mind.
He turned it down because of his commitment to the MI franchise.

If anything a Mr & Mrs Smith sequel would be a better follow-up choice.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 12:05 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Nah, that had a good ending. I'd hate to see it get all sequeled up. Salt needs a sequel.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 12:19 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Esau Cairn

But then she tailor-made it to make her "the ultimate female action hero", and indeed she was. Besides the thing with the handcuffs, I can't think of anything I disliked about the film. Salt is her baby, and she needs to nurse it because it was great,

Speaking of Cruise and sequels, I would love to see a sequel to Knight and Day. Put Cameron Diaz in the background (or write her out), but Roy Miller was phucking awesome.

And a last sequel I wish would happen but won't: From Paris With Love. John Travolta was off-the-chain badass. The movie was a blast to watch and Wax should have his own franchise. Will never happen though sad

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 12:50 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Lestov16

And a last sequel I wish would happen but won't: From Paris With Love. John Travolta was off-the-chain badass. The movie was a blast to watch and Wax should have his own franchise. Will never happen though sad

Do you remember the ending to "From Paris"?
I've never seen a movie end with 2 women getting brutally killed.
Travolta shoots one point blank in the face & the other guy shoots his gf/sleeper terrorist.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 01:47 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

If anything a Mr & Mrs Smith sequel would be a better follow-up choice.

Salt is much better than MI. And Hollywood needs more strong female heroines versus cool spec op dudes.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 02:30 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Sorry but I found Salt to be nothing special. The plot was too convoluted & some of the action scenes could've been handled better.
I think there's a Director's Cut with an alternate ending which implies that even the American President was an orphan raised by a Russian family...implying that he was a sleeper agent as well.
Like I said, too convoluted.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 03:03 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Mustn't be that convoluted if you can understand it.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 05:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Do you remember the ending to "From Paris"?
I've never seen a movie end with 2 women getting brutally killed.
Travolta shoots one point blank in the face & the other guy shoots his gf/sleeper terrorist.

They were both terrorists. The latter mentioned one was about to suicide bomb a building full of innocent people.

I'm not sure what your point is erm

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 19th, 2013 08:16 AM