KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Adam

Black Adam
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Black Adam

The Rock confirms Black Adam solo news coming soon!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LQyl2A1_ZQ

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2017 11:18 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice, Black Adam is awesome. Let us hope they don't ruin him.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2017 11:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

its already ruined.. he'll beat up cavil in man of steel 2 as well

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 12:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Black Adam

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
The Rock confirms Black Adam solo news coming soon!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LQyl2A1_ZQ

Love me some Black Adam. thumb up

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 04:07 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Am I getting this right? Black Adam is the prequel to Captain Marvel introduction? Is this movie going to take place back in ancient Egypt or we going to have Black Adam driving off like "fast and furious" in modern age?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 05:44 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 12:37 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

He's going to slap Chris Evans back to the Fantastic Four and Chris Pratt back to sitcom TV.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 12:43 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

When did Black Adam exactly become a "Anti-Hero" from a Super Villain?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 01:19 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Flyattractor
When did Black Adam exactly become a "Anti-Hero" from a Super Villain?

When he forcibly overthrew Khandaq's corrupt and oppressive government. From there he basically withdrew from the world and focused on running his kingdom. And he actually did a damn good job, to the point where the people loved him unconditionally and didn't give a shit about anything he'd done, even as Theo Adam and Teth Adam back in the Egyptian days. He was also on the JSA for a bit.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 01:26 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It was a shame he had to go and ruin it all by murdering an entire country.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 01:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

he will be portrayed as an anti-hero, imo...

he will join the justice league in the sequel, if there is one

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 02:45 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by -Pr-
in his defense, they started it. Adam was minding his business and they killed his wife and almost destroyed his country... i don't really blame him for going all John Wick on Bialya; they were a casualty.

irrc, didn't you defend Namor for similar actions against Wakanda?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 02:51 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

As long as it keeps Dwayne out of the proposed Lobo movie,
I am all for the Black Adam Movie.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 02:55 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

He's not wrong though. Even though Adam was definitely justified to a point, he took it deep into pure villain territory. Killing his best friend in Atom Smasher, killing scores of innocent people who had nothing to do with Isis' death, etc...

WW3 turned him from Anti-Hero to Villain, no questions asked.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 02:55 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

he killed innocent people, a reprehensible act, sure... but his actions were brought on by grief and revenge, not pure villainy.

don't star-teth none, won't be be-teth none.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 03:02 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by marwash22
he killed innocent people, a reprehensible act, sure... but his actions were brought on by grief and revenge, not pure villainy.

don't star-teth none, won't be be-teth none.

Grief against a single digit % of an entire country responsible for his wife's death and what not does not excuse him retaliating against innocents, women, children, civilians who had nothing to do with what happened. That's villainous no matter how you want to look at it.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 03:15 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

To me, there's a difference between reasons and excuses. I won't even pretend that If I was in Adam's position I wouldn't have done the same thing, but I honestly don't think that he can do what he did and be considered an anti-hero in general, even if his behaviour shifts as such.

There are plenty of villains who don't have villainous motives who are still considered villains, after all.

Originally posted by marwash22
in his defense, they started it. Adam was minding his business and they killed his wife and almost destroyed his country... i don't really blame him for going all John Wick on Bialya; they were a casualty.

irrc, didn't you defend Namor for similar actions against Wakanda?

I genuinely don't remember if I did. I might have. Though I admit, I don't read a lot of Namor or Panther, so there's a chance it wasn't me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 03:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by KingD19
Grief against a single digit % of an entire country responsible for his wife's death and what not does not excuse him retaliating against innocents, women, children, civilians who had nothing to do with what happened. That's villainous no matter how you want to look at it.
i don't disagree that he's more villain than anti-hero... i'm just saying, he didn't wake up one day an decide, "the world must burn today".

he had... reasons.

edit: also, those kids had it coming.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 03:27 AM
riv6672

To me, there's a difference between reasons and excuses. I won't even pretend that If I was in Adam's position I wouldn't have done the same thing, but I honestly don't think that he can do what he did and be considered an anti-hero in general, even if his behaviour shifts as such.

There are plenty of villains who don't have villainous motives who are still considered villains, after all.

I genuinely don't remember if I did. I might have. Though I admit, I don't read a lot of Namor or Panther, so there's a chance it wasn't me.

Dont start none, wont be none.

Pretty simple rule of thumb. Did innocents get caught in the crossfire? Yes. And that was the most realistic part of the story, sadly.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 09:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remember that time he called a press conference in Metropolis and then ripped a super villain in half in front of everyone, including a horrified Lois Lane? Good times.

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

What a scamp.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 17th, 2017 at 01:42 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 01:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote