KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Spider-Man's future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Spider-Man's future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Spider-Man is out of the MCU

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...cant-reach-deal

I guess Aunt May will be 22 in the next reboot.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 08:34 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Nooooooo!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 08:52 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So who should I be pissed at? Sony or Disney? Sounds like Disney tbh. Every time they step over Feige they make dumb ass decisions.

But guess I should be greatful I got to see Spidey in an Avengers movie.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I read the article and its more Sony's fault..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Such terrible news... The whole Spiderman Far from Home was meant to consolidate Spiderman as an Avenger and for this to take Tony's position...

This is certainly bad news.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:16 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Reading online and the Disney c***suckers showing they are brain dead corporate slaves putting the fault solely on Sony.

Disney were demanding half the profits of a Spider-Man movie.. Thats not what Feige initially agreed with them. And of course Sony wouldnt agree to that after they just got Venom to gross 850million on a small budget and without Spider-Man.

Edit - But then maybe its our fault for not boycotting Venom

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 20th, 2019 at 09:19 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:17 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Reading online and the Disney c***suckers showing they are brain dead corporate slaves putting the fault solely on Sony.

Disney were demanding half the profits of a Spider-Man movie.. Thats not what Feige initially agreed with them. And of course Sony wouldnt agree to that after they just got Venom to gross 850million on a small budget and without Spider-Man.

50 was too high, I agree.

The whole spider-sense introduction was USELESS!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:19 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

The whole spider-sense introduction was USELESS!

In the MCU it was only ever known as Peter Tingle mad

Thats like official given he wont be back.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:21 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by cdtm
Sounds like Disney didn't want to incur any risk.

They got greedy, played hardball, and that's why they were recently caught padding their profit margins by at least 6 billion (According to a repeat whistle blower, who was conveniently fired over reporting co-workers too much, or some such bs excuse no one can prove isn't true.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ What risk? It was working well for them.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:23 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ What risk? It was working well for them.

The article said they balked at being "co-financers".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:26 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So...The whole Tony going back to save Peter and dying in the process was useless...

Why does it feel like Endgame was boycotted?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:27 PM
ares834

So they set up Spider-Man to be the next linchpin of the MCU and then this happens... lol

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:31 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

As much as this sucks and I'm against it, I have to admit that I was never 100% on board with MCU Spider-Man. I liked him a lot in Civil War, and Homecoming was amazing, but there were always problems nagging me. The biggest one is that he felt like a side character, like Tony Stark Jr, and because Peter was so tied up in Tony's life, he never got a chance to develop his own identity. I was also bothered by how the MCU erased Uncle Ben, who is arguably the most important reason Peter became Spider-Man in the first place. Also, as much as I hate to say it, but Far From Home kind of sucked. It didn't feel like a Spidey movie at all.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:56 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, let's be honest with ourselves, MCU Spidey was pretty much Iron Man Jr.

The news still sucks though.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:04 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Sucks but the MCU was great without him. Sony will never achieve these heights on their own but I have way too many exciting characters from the Fox deal to let this affect me. If this does come to pass I will be just fine. Spider-Man had his moment in the sun in IW and EG were unlike any previous films in the history of cinema.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:05 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I feel kind of bad for Tom Holland. His career is just taking off, and now this. It could ruin him.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:07 PM
Darth Thor

Not really buying the Iron Man Junior stuff. Its not like his suit was anything like even Rhodeys or Peppers, let alone Tonys. It was hardy more than body armour Pete could quickly get into. And aside from some surveillance tech, there were no new abilities he got from it that he didnt already have in comics.

I like Tony being his superhero mentor. But Tony died anyway, so....

Anyway Civil War and Infinity War will always be two of my favourite comic book films, and thats in large part to Spidey being in them.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:09 PM
Dr Will Hatch

IMO, he shouldn't have Stark Tech at all. He shouldn't be involved with Stark beyond a small mentoring capacity. He shouldn't be involved with SHIELD. Peter should be his own character.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:19 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I did not really enjoy either Spider-Man film. Weak entries of the MCU but I did like him in the teamup films. Sony will regret it.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:20 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote