KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Matrix: Resurrections

The Matrix: Resurrections
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Matrix 4

As a pretty big fan of the original Trilogy this is a bit baffling.

There was some mention of this off and on over the past few years, but I thought it was all just hot air in the end. But apparently not?

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...th-keanu-reeves

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 09:46 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hah, was just about to make a thread on it.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/...ski-1203307955/

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:02 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I've put off making a thread because I assumed it was all just rumor and click bait, but I'm hearing more and more about it.

I guess the Wachowskis have failed too hard to spark other franchises, so despite flat refusing anymore Matrix films in the past they are returning to it after all.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:19 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

That actually is surprising.

But I guess the Keanu resurgence had a huge part to play.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Great news. Love the matrix.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:23 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I hope it's not The Matrix: Rebooted and a total rehash of Matrix 1. That would be truly sellout territory.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 11:44 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That actually is surprising.

But I guess the Keanu resurgence had a huge part to play.

Definitely.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 11:49 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Amazing news. Hope to see Agent Smith back. A good hero needs a good villain.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 11:49 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

"No one's ever really gone."

You then hear the Smith laughter right at the end of the trailer! The same laughter he made right after absorbing the Oracle.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 11:58 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
"No one's ever really gone."

You then hear the Smith laughter right at the end of the trailer! The same laughter he made right after absorbing the Oracle.

Let's hope they bring the same actor.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 12:23 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by quanchi112
Great news. Love the matrix.

Digital Neo?

Dead, but somehow copied to the grid? And then maybe resurrected like Agent Smith appeared in the real world?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 12:28 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by cdtm
Digital Neo?

Dead, but somehow copied to the grid? And then maybe resurrected like Agent Smith appeared in the real world?
Do not try conversing with me. I love this franchise but I despise everything about you. Neo come back to me.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 02:01 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Do not try conversing with me. I love this franchise but I despise everything about you. Neo come back to me.

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

He always tries to make you be his friend laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 02:37 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

loved the first, while both sequels were shit

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 03:14 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

The first Matrix is one of my all time favorite movies. I despised the sequels, nevertheless this has me hyped.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 03:25 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Feel the same, the first film was good, something overall new and exciting, the scene where Neo learns the reality of what human existence is for himself and the rest was so good the first time seeing it.

The sequels had entertainment value, but were not on par story wise.

So not very hyped over this, but I'll wait for more info and go from there.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 05:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Robtard
Feel the same, the first film was good, something overall new and exciting, the scene where Neo learns the reality of what human existence is for himself and the rest was so good the first time seeing it.

And gave us some pretty good tie in animations, like the one about the runner who woke up in his tank.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 08:31 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

The Wachowski Bros kinda suck, barring the first Matrix they've barely made anything watchable, let alone good. The first one was probably pure luck.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 09:11 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

And gave us some pretty good tie in animations, like the one about the runner who woke up in his tank.

I bet you’ve never even seen a Matrix film in your life. You love to jump the bandwagon like the follower you are.

That said, I’m definitely looking forward to a new iteration of one of my favorite trilogies.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 12:31 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard

The animated prequels Second Renaissance Parts 1 and 2 are the best animated ones. They were written by the Wachowskis I believe. Also the one that bridged the cap between Reloaded and Revolutions is cool. Matriculated is also very good, done by Peter Chung.

I'm just baffled by this announcement because Neo and Trinity both died. Why cast them again unless you're going to do flashback stuff? I can see picking up where that story left off... but including them just seems like an act of desperation.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 01:45 AM