KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » DC Black Films

DC Black Films
Started by: Senor Cage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

DC Black Films

What characters would you like to see? I say Deathstroke would fit well with this.

Todd Phillips talks his DC Black pitch

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 12:48 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Reported for racist thread title

But seriously I'd like to see Riddler..with Jim Carrey reprising the role

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 12:54 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I wanna see Kingdom Come soooooo badly.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 12:54 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Hitman? Hitman.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 01:02 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

slade is getting his own dc universe show , imo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I wanna see Kingdom Come soooooo badly.

that could be awesome to see

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 03:12 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Honestly this sounds like something they just made up after Joker crossed the $1billion mark.

This was originally intended to be the first in a series of Elseworld projects, where we could have gotten something akin to a Kingdom Come, or Red Son or Batman Beyond.

But now they seem to have switched it to a series of DC villain movies.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 12:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I wanna see a Geo-Force movie about him trying to stop Markovia from ending up like Ukraine.

Even Putin would love that shit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 01:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

With Joker's success, the obvious one is Penguin or Riddler.

But I'd love to see a Lex Luthor for President movie. Only problem is, it won't really work with the Luthor they have in Batman V Superman, it has to be classic Luthor.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 01:38 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
This was originally intended to be the first in a series of Elseworld projects, where we could have gotten something akin to a Kingdom Come, or Red Son or Batman Beyond.
This would have been a lot more interesting than just a Black label.

Most villains aren't interesting enough without their heroic counterpart to challenge and clash with their convictions. Origin stories got old a decade ago.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 01:41 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
This would have been a lot more interesting than just a Black label.

Most villains aren't interesting enough without their heroic counterpart to challenge and clash with their convictions. Origin stories got old a decade ago.

I don't know, the Penguin back story never gets old.

Though that could be because of the double entrende that we're seeing Danny Devito's origin story adopted to the penguins.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 01:52 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by cdtm
With Joker's success, the obvious one is Penguin or Riddler.

Doesn't work that way at all, bro.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 02:15 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drsoe08
Nutjob

Riddler serial killer movie directed by David Fincher
Deathstroke movie (in vain of Heat/Collateral) directed by Michael Mann
Gotham Central (in vain of The Departed) directed by Martin Scorsese

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 02:30 PM
Drsoe08 is currently offline Click here to Send Drsoe08 a Private Message Find more posts by Drsoe08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Doesn't work that way at all, bro.

This.

Doing Penguin then Riddler as a response to Jokers success would be pretty silly.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 05:45 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Honestly this sounds like something they just made up after Joker crossed the $1billion mark.

But now they seem to have switched it to a series of DC villain movies.
Not every villain works in a standalone film. I think the Joker was both a rare and perfect storm coming together. Any villain they choose will need to be cast as well as Phoenix was for that script as the Joker. Won't be easy.

Shit, they could do the staple DC villains** as standalone films and have Phoenix play each role. I'd be breaking new ground, it'd be bold and it could be glorious.

**Yes, even Catwoman.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 05:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Man, I dunno. Outside of a few Batman villains, and maybe Luthor, doing the Phillips thing to most DC characters won’t work.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 05:53 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

hmmm.. perhaps a dark lex luthor film is coming

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 26th, 2019 09:18 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote