KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars ruined by Disney?

Star Wars ruined by Disney?
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars ruined by Disney?

Once Disney got the entire Star Wars franchise people have been hating the revival. What is making everyone not like these new movies?.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 11:39 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by robotflug
Once Disney got the entire Star Wars franchise people have been hating the revival. What is making everyone not like these new movies?.

Because they suck, kill off the new characters and leave the original better characters alone

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 11:42 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

political radicalization

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 11:44 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I don't hate the NT (new trilogy) but I don love it, either.

I'll be 40 years old in a month and I've been watching Star Wars since I was in diapers.

The fact is that each sequential film has to cater to specific audiences, not solely the first generation of fans.

The NT has taught me that Star Wars has a very toxic fan base. So much negativity and hate, all because the films didn't directly cater to their expectations.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 11:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Largely, they're just not very good movies. You could say that about the prequels too, but the prequels tend to fail when it comes to technical aspects, not "lore" ones. TFA and especially TLJ fail in both areas.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 11:50 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Originally posted by Impediment
IThe NT has taught me that Star Wars has a very toxic fan base. So much negativity and hate

That’s absolutely bullshit you Star Wars hating bastard

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 11:51 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

As far as killing off old and beloved characters, Ford wanted Han to die in RotJ while on Endor but it wasn't allowed, so Ford opted to Han to be killed off in TFA. <ark Hamill is now older than Alec Guinness and can't play the part of Luke forever, even if he'll be a Force Ghost in tRoS. And Leia? Well, as much as I loved her..................cocaine is a helluva drug. RIP, princess.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 11:52 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

TFA was just a loose remake of A New Hope.

I mean, a Death Star planet? JFC.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 11:53 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Disney sucks

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 01:02 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

tbh, i think disney did a better job than post-1980's george lucas, in terms of consistancy. i'll always give GL honorable mention for ep1 [despite jarjar and pod racing] as an exercise in highly competent action sci-fi cinema, and even put it above everything that came from disney's star wars.

...but everything after ep1 was garbage, imho. keep in mind that i first saw ep4 on hbo when i was 7 years old, and my first SW theater experience was RotJ in '83; so i have a unique perspective from most people here. the reason i mention that is because as much as i hated the majority of the PT, and as much as i've expressed it; i've never seen this level of radicalized career-hatred of a kid's movie as i've seen here. holy crap some of you need to grow up just a little bit

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 01:31 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

WB sucks

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 02:56 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

The Mandalorian is pretty dope.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 04:12 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Impediment
TFA was just a loose remake of A New Hope.

I mean, a Death Star planet? JFC.

Yeah, Death Star 2.0 was one of my biggest complaints, too, because it was clear after that that they didn't care about writing. Just rebooting and making money.

Also Snoke being so easily and stupidly vanquished was super dumb.

That being said, I actually liked the creature designs and the little touches in TLJ, despite much of the stupidity.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 12:35 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, Death Star 2.0 was one of my biggest complaints

Wouldn't it be 3.0? ROTJ had a second death star

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 12:44 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by steverules_2
Wouldn't it be 3.0? ROTJ had a second death star

Considering the director, does that mean we can expect another one in the upcoming film? big grin

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 12:50 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Re: Star Wars ruined by Disney?

They're just not good. Also, purposefully taking a dump on the old characters and turning them into sad, pathetic failures didn't endear Disney to anyone.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 12:52 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Considering the director, does that mean we can expect another one in the upcoming film? big grin

Probably.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 01:09 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it's only ruined when SJW's are heavily involved. Notice Rebels wasn't dog shit, it was good. Notice "The Mandalorian" isn't really dog shit either.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 01:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Death star 4.0

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 01:17 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, Death Star 2.0 was one of my biggest complaints, too, because it was clear after that that they didn't care about writing. Just rebooting and making money.

Also Snoke being so easily and stupidly vanquished was super dumb.

That being said, I actually liked the creature designs and the little touches in TLJ, despite much of the stupidity.

*Death Star 3.0

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 01:18 PM