KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Best lightsaber fight

Best lightsaber fight
Started by: ShadowFyre

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadowFyre

Best lightsaber fight

Pretty simple, which is your favorite lightsaber fight and who do you think is the best if you wish to add that.

Mine is Obi and Qui vs. Maul with Yodas first lightsaber fight being a close second. (Vs. dooku or the emperor, I can't remember)

Also I searched to make sure it was not a duplicate and only thing I found was Froths " who is the best lightsaber fighter".

Old Post Dec 13th, 2019 10:06 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Also if there is any in the extended universe that are just mind-blowing, please reference them, I'm sure me and others would like to check them out.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2019 10:07 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Not quite the right place for a thread like this, I think. Try asking a mod to move it so it doesn't get closed.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Dec 13th, 2019 10:09 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I thought this was the movie discussion forum

Old Post Dec 13th, 2019 10:14 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

This is the Movie Versus Forum, a sub-forum. A thread like this might actually fit better in KMC's dedicated Star Wars forum, though it would be fine in the main movie forum as well, I think.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Dec 13th, 2019 10:27 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Dooku vs anyone.

Dude had grace and style much like myself.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2019 10:33 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Sidious vs Maul and Savage followed closely by Anakin vs Obi Wan on Mustafar

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 01:40 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

On a purely technical level Obi-Wan vs Anakin followed by Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Maul.
From a story and narrative perspective Luke vs Vader in ESB followed by Luke vs Vader in RotJ.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 09:09 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Pretty simple, which is your favorite lightsaber fight and who do you think is the best if you wish to add that.

Mine is Obi and Qui vs. Maul with Yodas first lightsaber fight being a close second. (Vs. dooku or the emperor, I can't remember)

Also I searched to make sure it was not a duplicate and only thing I found was Froths " who is the best lightsaber fighter".

Choreography wise, Qui-Gon & Kenobi V Maul, with Kenobi v Anakin second.

Emotional "story" wise, Luke V Vader in ROTJ.

Outside of the movies, the animated shows have some good ones. The Maul v Kenobi one in REBELS in particular is very well done.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 09:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Queeq: ANH duel, everything else sucks.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 09:26 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The objective correct answer:

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Dooku vs anyone.

sick

Dooku vs Anakin in AotC is straight up the worst duel in the Lucas films.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 09:49 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Duel of the fates, and its not even close.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 01:33 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 02:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Queeq: ANH duel, everything else sucks.

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 04:45 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
Outside of the movies, the animated shows have some good ones. The Maul v Kenobi one in REBELS in particular is very well done.

What all 3 moves you mean?

Their fights in TCW were pretty damn cool though.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 04:47 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by cdtm

This is.

I would love to take a fencing class. I think it would be a lotta fun.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 05:26 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

All OT duels were garbo. Looked cool only when there was nothing else to compare them to.
For the plot and emotion side they were ok but thats it.

Last edited by Inhuman on Dec 14th, 2019 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 06:07 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
What all 3 moves you mean?

Their fights in TCW were pretty damn cool though.

Filoni must be a big fan of mental duels:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 06:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Nothing beats Luke’s and Vader’s fight in ROTJ. That fight was damn beautiful. It started with the two testing each other, then it went back and forth, and when Luke refused to go the distance, and he was taunted, the man flew of the rails, and it was just pure rage, no finesse, just rage.

The best thing about the original trilogy fights, it look more realistic sword fighting instead of baton twirling like the prequels and sequels went the off.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 09:17 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Inhuman
All OT duels were garbo. Looked cool only when there was nothing else to compare them to.
For the plot and emotion side they were ok but thats it.

Pretty much. All style over substance.

Vader and Obi-Wan used actual dueling techniques and stances.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2019 09:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote