KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Parasite (2019)

Parasite (2019)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Parasite (2019)

Has anyone seen this film?

I've never heard of it until it just won four Oscars, including Best Picture.

The plot follows the members of a poor family who scheme to become employed by a wealthy family by infiltrating their household and posing as unrelated, highly qualified individuals.

I looked for an existing thread but couldn't find one.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2020 10:02 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Sounds like an interesting movie, 99% on RT. It’s a South Korean movie, wonder if it’s dubbed.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 10th, 2020 10:21 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is this about Badas life?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2020 10:31 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment

The plot follows the members of a poor family who scheme to become employed by a wealthy family by infiltrating their household and posing as unrelated, highly qualified individuals.

I watched it a few weeks back. Really enjoyed it. Can't recommend it enough.

Originally posted by steverules_2
Sounds like an interesting movie, 99% on RT. It’s a South Korean movie, wonder if it’s dubbed.

I watched it with subs, so I can't say.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2020 10:33 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I saw it. It was in Korean with subtitles. Pretty decent movie.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 10th, 2020 11:04 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, it's a great film and very deserving of a Best Picture nom/win. I actually felt like the ending/resolution was a bit rushed, though, because it's pretty involved.

But yeah, it's awesome. and yeah, I watched it with subtitles.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2020 12:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

gonna watch on friday

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 10th, 2020 09:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Parasite (2019)

Originally posted by Impediment

I saw it weeks ago, it's good.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 10th, 2020 09:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I saw this movie and it was definitely deserving of the Best Picture Award. It was surprisingly humorous which was a plus.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2020 11:52 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

I seen it a couple of weeks ago and it was reasonably fun and dark. Typically weird Korean stuff. I wasn't blown over by any particular aspect of it though. It's plot wasn't executed all that well. The acting was passable but not outstanding. The cinematography wasn't overly amazing. I have no idea why it won tbh. Not that I didn't enjoy it.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2020 01:04 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Korean conspiracy?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 11th, 2020 08:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I saw Parasite a while ago and have been trying to convert everyone I know ever since. It's a brilliant flick and honestly one of the few Best Picture winners that actually was the best movie of its year.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2020 03:28 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Never heard of it.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2020 09:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by riv6672
Never heard of it.

Watch it. It's good.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2020 12:17 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Watch it. It's good.

So I’ve heard, and planning on it.

Unlike a lot of Oscar winning movies over the years, this one hasn’t been shoved down my throat for several months, so i’m way more into giving it a chance.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2020 12:29 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, it's a great film and very deserving of a Best Picture nom/win. I actually felt like the ending/resolution was a bit rushed, though, because it's pretty involved.

But yeah, it's awesome. and yeah, I watched it with subtitles.

It is great, a deserving Oscar winner - it broke that Foreign Language glass ceiling for Best Picture. It's original and shocking -just imagine the Coen Brothers made their latest twisty neo-noir black comedy but set it in South Korea. That's the feeling I got.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 10:56 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

just finished watching this. it's a pretty good movie and well deserving of its oscar occalades

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 04:57 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote