KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Which Star Wars trilogy is better? PT or ST?

Which of these trilogies is better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Prequel Trilogy 27 81.82%
Sequel Trilogy 6 18.18%
Total: 33 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which Star Wars trilogy is better? PT or ST?
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Which Star Wars trilogy is better? PT or ST?

All the films are now in. So as they say in Zombieland, time to nut up or shut up. stick out tongue

Considering the many years of bickering debate the Prequel Trilogy caused, I would have thought this was a slam dunk a few years ago. But ever since The Last Jedi, another wave of fan hate has been rising. And now that The Rise Of Skywalker is out and been dissected to bits...

Which is better - The Prequel Trilogy, or the Sequel Trilogy?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 11:21 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

ST by a mile. PT deserved every bit of criticism, but they were at least watchable.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 11:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Revenge of the Sith would have ended perfectly, but Anakin/Vader let out a whiny "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!" at the end.

What an absolute waste of JEJ's vocal talent.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 11:58 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Revenge of the Sith would have ended perfectly, but Anakin/Vader let out a whiny "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!" at the end.

Revenge Of the Sith might be the best of the six films here, but I still vote for the Sequel Trilogy.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 12:07 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Hated TLJ solely for killing off Luke in the dumbest way possible.

I loved TFA, hated TLJ and TRoS.

I love all three of the prequel trilogy so there's my vote.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 01:20 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The ST is just a pointless revamp of the OT. And one that made absolutely no sense from the get go.

So the PT for me... by miles and miles. Not even close tbh.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 01:27 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Originally posted by Impediment

Well if that alone is the issue for you, you might want to ask that hooker to remove his cock out of your ass. ROTS was the 4th best movie next to the OT

My vote is for the PT X 10

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Last edited by Stringer on Feb 15th, 2020 at 02:00 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 01:54 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Prequels are better.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 01:56 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Prequels are worse movies. But their re-watch value is 100x more powerful.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 02:27 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Prequels of course. The Sequels were shit! And they had big holes in their storyline with comparison to the original sequel.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 02:45 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Prequels are worse movies. But their re-watch value is 100x more powerful.

Well, ROTS is better than the three prequels combined.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 02:46 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

In a vacuum, the ST.

I'd rather watch the PT over and over, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 02:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

ROTS is one of the prequels.

How can it be superior to itself, lol

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 02:49 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Well, ROTS is better than the three prequels combined.

Think about that again. Put the pizza and milkshake down

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 03:02 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

PT. This isn't even a contest tbh.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 03:51 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

PT, Not just better films overall.. it also has a cohesive story over all 3 of them.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 04:16 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Sequels are better films, prequel trilogy is more fun. I'll take a fun bad movie over a soulless technically competent one.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 04:17 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stringer
Think about that again. Put the pizza and milkshake down
laughing out loud

IMO, I really liked the latest trilogy.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 06:13 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Prequels hands down.

Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Yoda, Sidious, Maul, Dooku, Windu, Anakin... all more memorable characters than the younger cast of the ST

Better fight scenes

Better story; the ST story went nowhere due to lack of vision whereas the PT; while lacking in emotion and a terrible love story have the benefit of seeing Palpatine rise to power done very well throughout the films

also, ST loses out big Tim for me due to the unforgivable way they handled Han, Leia and especially Luke... not giving us at least one scene with the three of them together or one scene of Luke brandishing his green lightsaber and taking out some goons in epic Jedi Master style is pure shit

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 07:28 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Would've liked to have seen all the gang together in a ST episode, Failed at that too.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 08:16 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote