KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

This will be the next movie in the DC animated universe, due out this spring.

So Darkseid's eyes clearly grew back.

And it's rated R. Weird.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 4th, 2020 at 01:45 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 01:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The animated DC stuff is decent more often than not, so I am game for this. Especially being a big Justice League Dark fan.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 01:56 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks like it will have Darkseid and Trigon.

I'm still surprised DC is putting out an R rated Justice League movie.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 04:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Previous Justice League Dark movie (2017) was also R-rated though. As was Constantine: City of Demons IIRC.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 05:39 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They really need to find a better VA for Darkseid.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 05:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Lex: "I'm completely on your side now." lol

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 06:23 PM
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
They really need to find a better VA for Darkseid.

Agreed, I don’t know why they don’t bring back Michael Ironside back, he was the perfect Darkseid.

Darkseid is meant to be evil looking, he’s suppose to be above all with his demeanor. While at the same time, his voice should always be aristocratic and Shakespearian sounding...even when he loses his cool.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 06:54 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks great tbh.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 08:56 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by SquallX
Agreed, I don’t know why they don’t bring back Michael Ironside back, he was the perfect Darkseid.

Darkseid is meant to be evil looking, he’s suppose to be above all with his demeanor. While at the same time, his voice should always be aristocratic and Shakespearian sounding...even when he loses his cool.
thumb up

There will never be a more fitting VA for Darkseid than Ironside was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ahX7sjoas&t=1m33s

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 09:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ironside was so good they even used him in the Lego games.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 09:21 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks good so hopefully it will be

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 09:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Previous Justice League Dark movie (2017) was also R-rated though. As was Constantine: City of Demons IIRC.

Oh I didn't know that, I see. I suppose that makes sense reflecting back on the content in those movies.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 09:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

I'll always remember the scene where Darkseid kills Dan Turpin.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 09:53 PM
SquallX

thumb up

That music help a lot as well.

Though I like the music, I was feel like Darkseid theme should always be low creepy sound that grows into a dramatic crescendo. I don’t know if you’ve ever played Final Fantasy 8, but the final boss music called the Extreme is what I see whenever Darkseid comes out.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 09:57 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"THAT is who I am."

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 10:02 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I wish they would add a bit of separation between the JLD, and mainstream DCU. I feel like they’re trying to portray them as the super awesome magic fun pals.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 10:10 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We see what appears to be demons with tech upgrades. So it seems science and magic are at work so it explains why all these people would work together.

The first JLD movie just had Batman as the only normal leaguer tagging along. It showed how the league is woefully unprepared to deal with strictly magical beings.

It'd be insane if Constantine thought he and his magical allies could take on the forces of Darkseid and Trigon without help.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 10:14 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Ditch Darkseid then. Do something strictly around the JLD. Also add Agent Frankenstein.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 10:21 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about you ditch that haterade you're sipping.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 10:22 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I’m not sipping haterade just because I’d prefer something else.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 01:41 AM