KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Detective Pikachu (2019) or Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

Detective Pikachu (2019) or Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Detective Pikachu (2019) or Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

What live action movie based on a video game was the better one, How would you rate these adaptations?.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 12:40 AM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Better?
Detective Pikachu.

How do I rate them?
Detective Pikachu, good

Sonic The Hedgehog, Surprisingly good.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 08:39 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drake12321

I liked both, but still I liked Pikachu more

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 11:35 AM
Drake12321 is currently offline Click here to Send Drake12321 a Private Message Find more posts by Drake12321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've only seen Sonic, So that takes my pick.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 02:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Neither

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 03:17 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I think detective pikachu has an unfair advantage. The world and lore lends itself to being able to tell different kinds of stories then what the main games give and simple enough for a non fan of the games to pick up relatively easily. Sonic HAS to do sonic. Both were ok movies, but I enjoyed detective pikachu more

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 05:18 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Haven't seen sonic but the wife and i really enjoyed the pikachu movie.

We both used 2 watch the original series before school when we were kids and it was a great bit of nostalgic fun 2 try 2 remember all of the Pokemons names throughout the movie.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 02:35 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sonic was very good. I turned off Pikachu bored.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 02:40 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

haven't even either one, but will

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 06:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Pikachu for me but I liked both.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 09:24 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthvaderrocks
The True Sith Lord

Would you guys reccomend them?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 09:02 PM
Darthvaderrocks is currently offline Click here to Send Darthvaderrocks a Private Message Find more posts by Darthvaderrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

which one should i watch first

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 09:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Both were surprisingly okay movies.

I did lose interest when I realize both movies refused to follow the lore that was already there.

I wanted to see Ash and friends fighting team rockets. I wanted to see Sonic and friends fighting Eggman.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 11:22 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX

I wanted to see Ash and friends fighting team rockets. I wanted to see Sonic and friends fighting Eggman.

Not like Sonic's friends were there in the first Sonic game to begin with....

anyway probably get it for the sequel for Sonic after what is shown at the end of it.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2020 03:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote